Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

On the subject of jobs, I might have to sack someone on Monday which I am dreading.

It might end up being the right decision, but it's difficult as the person is really nice and suffers with anxiety but I can see why people above me would rather she is let go. As her manager I have been trying to stick up for her/back her but it has been getting more and more difficult. She is still in her probation and she hasn't been coming into the office, loads of (suspect) sick days which definitely will be down to anxiety but she tends to lie her way out of things which is why I'm struggling to constantly defend her. She said she has just got professional help which hopefully will save her, we'll see. The issue for me is trying to 'keep' her sometimes takes up all of my days with meetings etc which obviously shouldn't happen

My manager said he'd take my place to do it (with the head of HR), if I didn't feel comfortable to do it but I think I should do it really as I don't want to shy away from it really
Not a very pleasant or easy thing to have to do. You may be able to do it more sympathetically than your manager as you have an understanding of her anxiety issues. Best wishes.💙