Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Having a bit of a rough go with it lately. Just finished up uni but having trouble finding a job as I don't have much work experience (couldn't work summers the past few years due to having to take extra classes to transfer to a different uni and taking care of family members, both parents had surgeries recently). Think that lack of direction is bringing me down, especially seeing friends getting ace jobs and all that. letting it out a bit on here hah

I think any prosepective employer would look at the fact that you've been caring for your parents as a big positive mate.
It shows a level of maturity, dedication and selflessness that most young people don't have at your age. I know it's easy to say but don't compare other people to yourself. ( I know it's only natural to do so ). I knew what I wanted to do when I left school / college, but my dad wouldnt have it, as he didnt class what I wanted to do as being a proffesional job. ( I wanted to work in forestry ). I spent a good few years bouncing from job to job as a result and never ended up doing what I wanted to do . What I'm trying to say is don't just take a job as a knee jerk reaction to your situation, try and follow your dreams if you can ;)

http://thebodyisnotanapology.com/magazine/learning-to-live-with-wanting-to-die/

Interesting read this...

Anyway, I might post a bit more later on/tomorrow here. Been feeling really low lately, but found a small happiness (fairly certain there's a word that will fit better than that; I am still foreign ffs) in an activity and a friend, which is fairly alright I suppose...

An amazing piece that, which articulates the complexity of dealing with mental illness. Keep on posting and hopefully the little things that you find comfort in can eventually turn into something really positive for you.

waiting for my final review from oncologist. chemo finished, had scan sunday just waiting for appointment.
depression rate has probably dropped due to everton not playing lol.
Having been there myself I know what a strange assortment of emotions you can go through.I'm six years down the line and still don't really know what to make of it all.Just try to relax as much as possible before your review.At least I had Big Vic running riot in Europe to distract me.

Having been there myself I know what a strange assortment of emotions you can go through.I'm six years down the line and still don't really know what to make of it all.Just try to relax as much as possible before your review.At least I had Big Vic running riot in Europe to distract me.
this is my second time around so been through it all before. was a year in remission before it came back so even if he clears me the thought of it returning will still be with me.

this is my second time around so been through it all before. was a year in remission before it came back so even if he clears me the thought of it returning will still be with me.
I think it stays with all of us,even after my time in remission I still have to keep my imagination in check,last week I was told my blood pressure is elevated,no big thing (I hope) but took me a while to rein in my mind from running riot.My last yearly revision my Spanish oncologist used the word solucionado,and I could have punched him,I've gotten very superstitious.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back