Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Anyone ever thought of suicide. I think about it every day and more so recently. I just worry about the hurt it'll do to family

I genuinely cannot be arsed no more. And I know how selfish that sounds

Life bores me and I know I've made a mess of mine .
Hello mate. Let's not do anything silly, eh?

I suggest that you either call Samaritans, or better still, get yourself down to your local A&E ASAP.

They will have a crisis team who will 100% help you out of this.

Don't hurt your family by doing something they'll regret, I urge you to seek help at once, because the help is very definately there for you.

Anyone ever thought of suicide. I think about it every day and more so recently. I just worry about the hurt it'll do to family

Hi mate,

It takes a huge amount of courage to open up even on an anonymous forum like this. The fact that you've opened up here is a good sign, it means you're looking for assistance, you already recognise your value to your family which is all good.

Difficult to say anything meaningful as I'm not qualified and secondly I don't know anything about you. Have you spoken to anyone about this? What's the cause for these thoughts?

Our usual advice is to seek immediate help from professionals, and that means straightaway as @Groucho says.

We can help in the sense we are all mates here, but the professionals are the guys who can help you most of all.

Good luck, seek help and keep in touch

Hi mate,

It takes a huge amount of courage to open up even on an anonymous forum like this. The fact that you've opened up here is a good sign, it means you're looking for assistance, you already recognise your value to your family which is all good.

Difficult to say anything meaningful as I'm not qualified and secondly I don't know anything about you. Have you spoken to anyone about this? What's the cause for these thoughts?

Our usual advice is to seek immediate help from professionals, and that means straightaway as @Groucho says.

We can help in the sense we are all mates here, but the professionals are the guys who can help you most of all.

Good luck, seek help and keep in touch
@l4toffee

Immediate help is the way forward. As bad as you feel now, there is light at the end of the tunnel, and you can beat this bad feeling. The first step is seeking help.

You may have already done the hardest thing by admitting your feelings tonight so well done.

But please, do follow this up by now seeking the professional help that is available to you.

I don't think I'm worth the help . I've [Poor language removed] up every chance I've had . I'm a bell end
Everyone buggers up mate, me included.

You're human, and it's allowed.

Doing let your mistakes beat you, simply learn from them.

I don't think I'm worth the help . I've [Poor language removed] up every chance I've had . I'm a bell end

Mate the fact that you are talking here and that you know if you did anything it would damage your family means that you have some sense of your true worth, at least to those that love you as your family will.

There's not a human being on this earth who is not worthy of help, and I'm guessing you are far from the least worthy.

Do as @Groucho says, give Samaritans a call on 0845 790 9090 or get down to A&E

There's also this http://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help-you/what-speak-us-about/i-want-kill-myself you might want to look at.

Groucho started this thread because we lost a blue in Gary Speed. We all here do not intend losing anymore, and that includes you

Yes, i have and been very close to doing it. Now let me tell you why.

I had a drug problem combined with childhood abuse made me hate every inch of my being, it was always about me led me to believe i was worthless, the problem i had was my worth was measured in compliments and love - my parents disowned me and that was the final straw for me, i will spare you the details, and the 'spilling of my guts online', but im trying to reach you in a way only someone so down and upset can understand, in that depression itself is a killer, not the feelings, you need actual genuine medical help, these feelings are so dark and upsetting that only people with years of experience can help ( us? ) and with that in mind, whatever you do tomorrow - make sure it involves a talk with a doctor, your family will thank you for it, even if you dont think so.

Suicide is a horrible subject, and awfully delivered in the context of a wall of text on a forum - but i have been there, i can't stress it enough i know what it feels like, do not let depression push you down a hell hole.

PM me if you want a chat mate. I've waffled on for long enough.

I'm going to try and go the hospital tomorrow for that crisis team . Not left the house in pretty much 2 weeks other than for booze although not had a drink today . Barely left my pit since Sunday morning

Thanks

Stopped taking my anti depressants last week

I've had help in the last few months but the last 2 weeks has hit my bad I don't even know why. Not even had the TV on since Saturday

Thanks for the advice

I'm going to try and go the hospital tomorrow for that crisis team . Not left the house in pretty much 2 weeks other than for booze although not had a drink today . Barely left my pit since Sunday morning

Thanks

I've had help in the last few months but the last 2 weeks has hit my bad I don't even know why. Not even had the TV on since Saturday

Thanks for the advice
That's it mate. Make sure you do it tomorrow. You deserve to give yourself a break and tomorrow will be the beginning of that :)

Thanks

Thanks for the advice

Good luck today mate, please let us know how you got on and how you're feeling ....

Lot's of Blues will be thinking of you today, this thread gets huge readership.

Thanks

Thanks for the advice
Make sure you do, PM at least one of us just for a catch up later. Doesn't need a long discussion, just keep in touch.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back