Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

I don't know what you guys usually share in here (cant be bothered to read all atm).

Anyway, as I learned the hard way:
If yourself, your family and your friends health are ok, you'll be fine. There are ups and downs though, as with life in general.

I am struggling to see all "normal" problems(losing your job, losing a girlfriend) as we have had way other issues with serious disease and deaths for the past few years in our closest family.

I know this seems harsh, and are experienced real, and I don't mean to disrespect people with issues that are 100% real and painful as hell, but let's put life into context for a little bit:

2012: My mother is declared ill at age 61 (cancer)
2012: My girlfriend who just gave birth is declared ill (cancer)
2013: My mother dies on my sons 1st birthday
2014: My father dies after several years of lungdisease
2015: My wife is bearer of a gene that is 50% hereditary, and causes incresed cancer risk (i have 2 kids who has 50& chance to bear the same gene)

I really don't mean to disrespect other problems/issues that causes depression, but from personal experience I would say that things could always get worse (sick children f.ex). I just felt like sharing on here anonymous, as the past few years have been a few ups, and a lot of downs.
But we are still standing....

Fact: Life is beautiful (it's all in the details :) ) but it can be tough as hell.
I don't know how we manage, but we do. But it is not at all painless.
Take comfort in the fact that life is just a series of beautiful moments.

Let's collect one on Sunday against City! COYB!
depression can hit you in many ways mate . Some people are stronger than others simple as that . I never thought I'd suffer with it and neither does anyone who knows me . There are terrible things that happen to different people every day and I know I'm lucky In so many ways.

In the past I've looked at depression as something I've took lightly .

But when something gets in your head it's hard to get rid off . It could be a bird , death , an Everton loss (joke ) illness or self doubt that causes it. It's not something you can control you've just got to fight it.

Sorry to here about the stuff that's affected You mate and hopefully your kids will lead a healthy happy life

Up the toffees

I don't know what you guys usually share in here (cant be bothered to read all atm).

If yourself, your family and your friends health are ok, you'll be fine. There are ups and downs though, as with life in general.

I am struggling to see all "normal" problems(losing your job, losing a girlfriend) as we have had way other issues with serious disease and deaths for the past few years in our closest family.

I know this seems harsh, and are experienced real, and I don't mean to disrespect people with issues that are 100% real and painful as hell, but let's put life into context for a little bit:

2015: My wife is bearer of a gene that is 50% hereditary, and causes incresed cancer risk (i have 2 kids who has 50& chance to bear the same gene)

I really don't mean to disrespect other problems/issues that causes depression, but from personal experience I would say that things could always get worse (sick children f.ex). I just felt like sharing on here anonymous, as the past few years have been a few ups, and a lot of downs.

Fact: Life is beautiful (it's all in the details :) ) but it can be tough as hell.

Oh mate sorry to hear that, i really really am. I can't relate to a close family member having cancer, but lung disease is rife in my family. My late granddad had very serious problems breathing (COPD) and my ma now has that too so i feel i can relate to some of your pain. I sincerely hope neither of your children ever have to go through the quiet obvious traumatic experience that you have had to.

Hope all is well.

You've had more than your share of unhappiness.

If you can remain positive you'll come through - don't let the negative thoughts win.

I don't mean to sound flippant mate, have you thought about getting in touch with other people who are in the same situation via charities such as Macmillan ?.

During the peak of my illness my youngest son was born disabled with no prior warning and we found great comfort and support from people who had suffered similar via a charity. You almost become like a band of brothers and my missus has made good friends from it as a result. Sometimes she ends up supporting them when they have lows, sometimes it's the other way round.

You sound an incredibly strong and positive person, considering what you have been through .

It's all about perspective & context isn't it?

My employer of 17 years collapsed two days after September 11 2001. How could I feel sorry for myself when that just happened & the World was shuddering from it?

I almost died in the Bushfires of 2009 but after two near misses, they sent us home in our truck & I slept in my own bed that night. Thousands that survived had nowhere. Hundreds didn't survive.

Perspective.

It's all about perspective & context isn't it?

My employer of 17 years collapsed two days after September 11 2001. How could I feel sorry for myself when that just happened & the World was shuddering from it?

I almost died in the Bushfires of 2009 but after two near misses, they sent us home in our truck & I slept in my own bed that night. Thousands that survived had nowhere. Hundreds didn't survive.

Perspective.
Perspective. One of the most important words and life lessons we all need to live by.
Well said mate.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back