Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

I'm currently suffering depression after finding my dad dying in his garden and have PTSD as a result. I have not been myself for almost two years and just want to get my life back n track. It as had a negative impact on my family but I am being treated.

I'm currently suffering depression after finding my dad dying in his garden and have PTSD as a result. I have not been myself for almost two years and just want to get my life back n track. It as had a negative impact on my family but I am being treated.

Hi mate, thanks for sharing what could only be a terrible event for anyone, it takes great courage to come forward and discuss painful events. What sort of treatment are you on? If it helps say whatever you want here, no-one will judge you, we'll listen and someone will contribute something that's useful.

At least that's how it's worked for quite a large number in the past.

thanks for sharing, you made the hardest step already by seeking treatment as there are so many factors standing in your way. So give yourself credit for doing that much, it also shows your a person of strength to come out and express your experiences here.

the negative impact, to be honest id delete the who notion of positive\ negative out your head as it only increases the weight of expectation you put on yourself.
trying to be positive when your brains having none of it for the sake of others sent my head west, but believe me when i say no one will be more cheddered than your kin when you get thru this

stay in treatment and dont give up. Your not alone, remember that

Hi mate, thanks for sharing what could only be a terrible event for anyone, it takes great courage to come forward and discuss painful events. What sort of treatment are you on? If it helps say whatever you want here, no-one will judge you, we'll listen and someone will contribute something that's useful.

I am on a course of anti-depressants and have had CBT therapy which as now ended for a time.

thanks for sharing, you made the hardest step already by seeking treatment as there are so many factors standing in your way. So give yourself credit for doing that much, it also shows your a person of strength to come out and express your experiences here.

the negative impact, to be honest id delete the who notion of positive\ negative out your head as it only increases the weight of expectation you put on yourself.
trying to be positive when your brains having none of it for the sake of others sent my head west, but believe me when i say no one will be more cheddered than your kin when you get thru this

stay in treatment and dont give up. Your not alone, remember that

Thanks mate.

I'm currently suffering depression after finding my dad dying in his garden and have PTSD as a result. I have not been myself for almost two years and just want to get my life back n track. It as had a negative impact on my family but I am being treated.[/QUOTE

Can I recommend this mental health charity for you to have a look at mate ?

Imagine, based in Hope St, just down from Hope St.

They provide volunteers as Befrienders, many of whom have had problems themselves and now give up their time to help others. It gives people a chance to talk and open up to someone who understands what they are going through and they in turn support them in a completely non professional non judgemental way.

Just something else that may give you an option outside of anti depressants and therapy.

Incredibly brave post mate. Please keep coming on here even if you think it's just because you're having a bad day.

Thank you for sharing with us mate! The hardest part is usually going to the doc's, so well done on getting over that massive chasm of a step!

Best of luck with your treatment as well!

Thank you also.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back