Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

you could say that in any month of the year on any given day in Melbourne lol
Hahaha, a Brit bashing other countries weather, I've lived to see it :D

To keep to the topic of the thread - home alone for the last few days so had to take care of the dogs (one house, one outside), which I loved doing and found very calming, as well as had to take my big buddy out for a walk - he usually goes for 5-15 minutes with my gran, who takes him in my absence, but I've just taken him to an hour-long one again, as a treat lol . Feel very refreshed with both actually getting up and going out in the morning, and also seeing my dog.

Wish I could take him with me to Glasgow, but alas :(

This is all a contrast/aid to what's going on in my head, as I'm waiting for an answer from uni to see if I'm actually still in uni this year and if my request for a gap year was granted (I've got to work as parents don't have money, think I've said it on here before)... Stressful times right now tbh... Price of being as independent as possible I suppose, which I rate as a good thing.

Kind of rambling here, sorry for that, but I got up at 8am, not enough coffee yet :coffee:

Price of being as independent as possible I suppose, which I rate as a good thing.
Yes. To each, his own, but there's no better a reality check than getting out there & putting in the hard yards. If it suits to stay at home with the folks, then there's nothing wrong with that either, but you need to contribute to the running of the house in order to understand what's in store for the future...IMHO.

Yes. To each, his own, but there's no better a reality check than getting out there & putting in the hard yards. If it suits to stay at home with the folks, then there's nothing wrong with that either, but you need to contribute to the running of the house in order to understand what's in store for the future...IMHO.
Likewise, and I chose to go to the other end of Europe in the first place, that was an absolute reality check tbh. I actually feel bad not contributing as much when I'm home right now, so I do anything I can to be productive.

My dad might've not been as involved as possible in my life, but he was and still is a fantastic father figure - taught me to be independent and the importance of not relying on other people in your life, and those (among a few other things from him) are things I value extremely high. It took a few hard years to understand all the lessons though, as with anything good... Endgame is what counts anyway.

Good news! The guy that's been helping me through this rough patch has declared he doesn't need to see me anymore. He posed some questions of me, that I didn't take to be anything but conversation, and said that there was nothing there for him to help me with.

In comparison to some of the issues I read here, my issues are fairly insignificant but...I can heartily recommend that if you haven't seen a Professional to talk about them, then I believe you should at least give it a go.

;)

Good news! The guy that's been helping me through this rough patch has declared he doesn't need to see me anymore. He posed some questions of me, that I didn't take to be anything but conversation, and said that there was nothing there for him to help me with.

In comparison to some of the issues I read here, my issues are fairly insignificant but...I can heartily recommend that if you haven't seen a Professional to talk about them, then I believe you should at least give it a go.

;)
Great news my man...and great advice to all!
We are not alone in this world and seeking support must be encouraged ;)

;)

That's awesome. Glad you sought it out and worked things out with him. It's harder than most people think to do either.

Had to stand up and applaud this thread, I have just read Clarke Carlisles book and its an eye opener. I have suffered from depression all my life, its cost me two marriages and countless relationships. I'm 47 now and the only time I could ever forget about it was when I played football, I played at a decent level for Kettering Town as well as other lower league clubs. Now I'm older and work in a stressful job and also assistant manager at a lower league club its not the same, once again Ive folded on a relationship with a great girl, mainly due to me being depressed and not being a very good boyfriend, this cycle is never ending really and I will probably die a very lonely old man.

Had to stand up and applaud this thread, I have just read Clarke Carlisles book and its an eye opener. I have suffered from depression all my life, its cost me two marriages and countless relationships. I'm 47 now and the only time I could ever forget about it was when I played football, I played at a decent level for Kettering Town as well as other lower league clubs. Now I'm older and work in a stressful job and also assistant manager at a lower league club its not the same, once again Ive folded on a relationship with a great girl, mainly due to me being depressed and not being a very good boyfriend, this cycle is never ending really and I will probably die a very lonely old man.
If you ever need to share, here is the place.

Never lose faith my friend, the right person for you might just be round the corner. Glad this thread is of benefit, please use it as a contributor or a reader if it helps.

Is there anything from Clarke Carlisle's book that you think can help other readers of this thread?

I picked it up at a charity shop for a £1 that tells me a lot, he could never lose the depression, drinking, gambling etc but he takes Fluxotine and it helps him operate at a normal level. He's an intelligent guy but has to take the medication every day. He tried to commit suicide but survived after swallowing 54 pills, someone found him and they pumped his stomach.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back