Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

It's the ale leaving your system mate. If I was you I'd prepare for a few rough nights. Loads of water and plan for being possibly being up during the night - maybe crack open a box set or see who's up on here !

Wish you all the best mates stay strong, it will slowly get better, you've just got through this bit first .
This really. Perseverance is key.

I still feel like absolute crap. My week is getting worse by the day, and I'm currently not on the bus to work but rather in bed, in pain, waiting for a doctor's appointment, as my pain doesn't really let me sleep. It's really bringing me down a whole lot, as usually I'd do some exercise or, well, go to work, but I obviously can't because everything is pain, so I'm trying to detach by reading books/articles/GOT, but nothing really helps a lot.
Hope I can bounce back from this feeling at least a bit soon.

Why do bad things happen to sometimes-mediocre people FFS.

Sorry for the tiny rant, I just don't really have anything/anyone else to rant to really.

Hope everyone's doing better than me this week.

I still feel like absolute crap. My week is getting worse by the day, and I'm currently not on the bus to work but rather in bed, in pain, waiting for a doctor's appointment, as my pain doesn't really let me sleep. It's really bringing me down a whole lot.
Hope the Doc can sort you're hip pain mate, then things will be less crappy .....and there's still your flat mates cute friend waiting for an invitation :-;

had my review with my oncologist today. everything ok bar a chest infection. with the birth of my granddaughter the year is ending better than it started. I still have my feeling down moments but they are quite rare and less intense now. hope this shows that no matter how much you think things can't go on (and there were times I didn't want to be here) life can improve.

Hope the Doc can sort you're hip pain mate, then things will be less crappy .....and there's still your flat mates cute friend waiting for an invitation :-;
She was actually just here and I half-bottled a chance to do anything, but I hadn't taken my medication so I was in quite a lot of pain and discomfort. Feeling quite anxious because of those reasons as well ffs.
had my review with my oncologist today. everything ok bar a chest infection. with the birth of my granddaughter the year is ending better than it started. I still have my feeling down moments but they are quite rare and less intense now. hope this shows that no matter how much you think things can't go on (and there were times I didn't want to be here) life can improve.
Well in mate, happy for you! Glad you managed to start turning things around, as you know the road is long but I (and I think it's safe to say everyone else here as well) am glad you're on it and going strong.

I still feel like absolute crap. My week is getting worse by the day, and I'm currently not on the bus to work but rather in bed, in pain, waiting for a doctor's appointment, as my pain doesn't really let me sleep. It's really bringing me down a whole lot, as usually I'd do some exercise or, well, go to work, but I obviously can't because everything is pain, so I'm trying to detach by reading books/articles/GOT, but nothing really helps a lot.
Hope I can bounce back from this feeling at least a bit soon.

Why do bad things happen to sometimes-mediocre people FFS.

Sorry for the tiny rant, I just don't really have anything/anyone else to rant to really.

Hope everyone's doing better than me this week.

That's annoying that, been in a similar position before. It does get easier though. Make sure to hound your doc for treatment too, took me 5 different appointments before they finally referred me for physio to sort out my back and chest pain.

all the best mate and always remember things do get better.

She was actually just here and I half-bottled a chance to do anything, but I hadn't taken my medication so I was in quite a lot of pain and discomfort. Feeling quite anxious because of those reasons as well ffs.g.
Yeah that's tough if you're still in quite a lot of pain, hopefully get on top of that with help from the doc and other things will drop in place too. Good luck with it, I think we've all experienced those painful physical issues that effect so much of your life, it's not easy.

It's not depression related but it's weird none the less. Turns out my dad is coming to stay with us just after new year.

The little bit of back story is I never knew him, not since I was a baby and I always knew I had a sister from the 'other woman' but I could never find her. Online searches always came to nothing and it was a fruitless endeavour to be honest. Back in April I finally found her, and turns out not long after, through quite a funny story, I pulled up my dad's twitter account a few hours later and turns out he had tweeted me that day. I went up to meet my sister a couple of days after but have been in contact with both of them since with it not leading anywhere but niceties. My dad sent presents down for the kids the other week for Christmas and yesterday I even got a card from my nan and grandad with a message saying they have been thinking of me all these years, which knocked me back a bit.

then at 6am I had a message asking if my dad could come down to visit which is a little mad to be honest, I've said yes but it's going to be weird to have the man I've never known sat in my living room. I always wondered if I was anything like him, didn't think it would ever lead to this though. It's just mad at the minute, my mind is all over the place from joy to, well fear. I mean I'm not looking for a dad and hell he isn't planning on being one, but how to do act and deal with that? I have no resentment towards him now,,I did when I was younger but age has taught me quite a bit haha

sorry if this is out of place, just wanted to throw my crazy thoughts down somewhere because I don't know how to say them out loud to anyone.And I still have to tell my mum this later.......her words were if she ever saw him she would pinch him lol

It's not depression related but it's weird none the less. Turns out my dad is coming to stay with us just after new year.

The little bit of back story is I never knew him, not since I was a baby and I always knew I had a sister from the 'other woman' but I could never find her. Online searches always came to nothing and it was a fruitless endeavour to be honest. Back in April I finally found her, and turns out not long after, through quite a funny story, I pulled up my dad's twitter account a few hours later and turns out he had tweeted me that day. I went up to meet my sister a couple of days after but have been in contact with both of them since with it not leading anywhere but niceties. My dad sent presents down for the kids the other week for Christmas and yesterday I even got a card from my nan and grandad with a message saying they have been thinking of me all these years, which knocked me back a bit.

then at 6am I had a message asking if my dad could come down to visit which is a little mad to be honest, I've said yes but it's going to be weird to have the man I've never known sat in my living room. I always wondered if I was anything like him, didn't think it would ever lead to this though. It's just mad at the minute, my mind is all over the place from joy to, well fear. I mean I'm not looking for a dad and hell he isn't planning on being one, but how to do act and deal with that? I have no resentment towards him now,,I did when I was younger but age has taught me quite a bit haha

sorry if this is out of place, just wanted to throw my crazy thoughts down somewhere because I don't know how to say them out loud to anyone.And I still have to tell my mum this later.......her words were if she ever saw him she would pinch him lol
Pinch isn't too bad... ;)

Wow. There's so much in what's going on for you, it's hard to begin.

Well done you that you've moved on from any bitterness or anger from past events. This will allow you to be level headed going in to meeting him. As for the dynamics of what this means & how it affects you going forward, I have absolutely no life experience of this kind to be of any help. (I'm sure others will be along with some experience though)

You have clearly looked for the other members of your family, and they are keen to meet you...so far, so good. It's not always a happy experience and I'm sure it can be awkward but I think if you go into this with a positive frame of mind & give him a go, then you're giving it your best shot.

I hope it works out really well for you! ;)

All the best! Just remember you're under no obligation to feel in any way, nothing you feel at the time is wrong or your fault in anyway. Let us know how you get on, and again all the best with it.

Someone at my school took his life last night. Was only 19. My school is only around 3000 students so the word about what happened spread around campus pretty quickly. I didn't know the guy, apparently my roommate did, but it's still really shocking to me. We just started our exam period, so maybe all the stress that comes with that had something to do with him taking his life? I mean maybe it at least contributed to how he was feeling, but I don't know. Not really sure what I'm trying to say here, but send some thoughts over to this guy's family and our school I guess, could really use it.

Someone at my school took his life last night. Was only 19. My school is only around 3000 students so the word about what happened spread around campus pretty quickly. I didn't know the guy, apparently my roommate did, but it's still really shocking to me. We just started our exam period, so maybe all the stress that comes with that had something to do with him taking his life? I mean maybe it at least contributed to how he was feeling, but I don't know. Not really sure what I'm trying to say here, but send some thoughts over to this guy's family and our school I guess, could really use it.

I think what you're trying to say, is that your struggling to understand why someone so young could take their own life ?.
Let the facts come out first mate, as there could be many reasons and trying to make sense of it will just wreck your head.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back