Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Brilliant news mate. You always seem to be able to tell when she's the right girl subliminally. It always seems to be that when the darkest times are with you there's something great around the corner! That's how my life's panned out and I hope it's the same for you. All the best mate and hope it goes well for you.

Thanks mate! I know what you mean about just sort of knowing. I mean I'm not gonna get ahead of myself, this person could turn out to be not right for me but it has just made me feel better and thinking something other than there's nothing good that can happen to me.

I feel like over the years, or as long as this thread has been going, I've only posted negative stuff in here so I thought maybe it would be time to share something good.
I know it was only a couple of weeks ago I was distraught over the fact that my ex had found someone else and my life was going nowhere. But as it turns out, better things can just be around the corner. I met someone last week that I think it could go somewhere with. This person is completely different to anyone I've ever been with before, so it might just the type of relationship I need. It's very early doors but this person seems really fun and outgoing, so different but who knows eh?

I don't want to sound as though all my problems have been fixed, because they haven't, and I don't want to sound show-offy or anything. Just that I've had a bit of a win so thought I'd share it with people that have helped me.
There you go...funny how life works hey? :)

I feel like over the years, or as long as this thread has been going, I've only posted negative stuff in here so I thought maybe it would be time to share something good.
I know it was only a couple of weeks ago I was distraught over the fact that my ex had found someone else and my life was going nowhere. But as it turns out, better things can just be around the corner. I met someone last week that I think it could go somewhere with. This person is completely different to anyone I've ever been with before, so it might just the type of relationship I need. It's very early doors but this person seems really fun and outgoing, so different but who knows eh?

I don't want to sound as though all my problems have been fixed, because they haven't, and I don't want to sound show-offy or anything. Just that I've had a bit of a win so thought I'd share it with people that have helped me.
Excellent mate.

Wow. This is a great thread. I've booked counselling sessions through my college, apparently it only takes 6 weeks which is really exciting for me, in a weird kind of way. It's mostly down to self esteem problems that I'm going to counselling, I think I need to talk to somebody who I know won't judge me or tell anybody else what's going on. I literally can't wait to just sit down and talk, I have really supportive friends who know a bit about what's going on but I think to myself that I can't really talk to somebody about certain things unless their opinion of me changes and I lose them... I only joined GOT today but I've read this thread before and it's a really great thing. Glad to be here too...

Welcome mate. There's loads on here who will provide support and whatever help / advice they can ;)

Lost my nana on Friday. Felt like I've been in a horrible nightmare ever since.

Don't use Facebook for all that public mourning but my nana raised me and was the closest thing to a real mum I had. It's the most upset I've been since the birth of my daughter.

Found out on Saturday morning at 6am. Day before my daughters 8th birthday.

Don't use Facebook for all that public mourning but my nana raised me and was the closest thing to a real mum I had. It's the most upset I've been since the birth of my daughter.

Sorry to here that mate . Rip your Nan and all the best to you .

Sincere condolences Mate, always terrible to lose those closest to you. In time you will relive the wonderful moments you shared with her and your mutual love. If it helps you will know that lots on here will be thinking about you at this time.

If anyone can help here, you know it is available.

Condolences, mate. Words won't bring much solace at the moment but I know from past experience that talking things out loud, in whatever form, helps a lot.

Very sorry mate. I was extremely close to my grandparents too.

I'm sure you'll find support here.

Awful mate, nothing anyone says will help right now, it is so raw will be for ages. All I can say is if you need to vent this place is great, pm me and call me all the c's you want if it helps.
Keep your head up mate.

Sorry for your loss mate. RIP your nana...

We're all here for you, even if words are kind of useless in times like this.

Rotten news that mate.

If talking about her helps, and you can't do it anywhere else, then spit it out on here, there'll always be someone around to listen.

Sorry to hear that Bryan.

Wow. This is a great thread. I've booked counselling sessions through my college, apparently it only takes 6 weeks which is really exciting for me, in a weird kind of way. It's mostly down to self esteem problems that I'm going to counselling, I think I need to talk to somebody who I know won't judge me or tell anybody else what's going on. I literally can't wait to just sit down and talk, I have really supportive friends who know a bit about what's going on but I think to myself that I can't really talk to somebody about certain things unless their opinion of me changes and I lose them... I only joined GOT today but I've read this thread before and it's a really great thing. Glad to be here too...
Welcome. You are among some top people in here :)

That sucks Bryan. My condolences to you and your family. Hopefully the lifetime of great memories will bring a smile to your face in the future when the sadness wanes.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back