Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Lost my nana on Friday. Felt like I've been in a horrible nightmare ever since.

Don't use Facebook for all that public mourning but my nana raised me and was the closest thing to a real mum I had. It's the most upset I've been since the birth of my daughter.

Found out on Saturday morning at 6am. Day before my daughters 8th birthday.

I only ever had my Nan, as all my other Grandparents died before I was born. She was more like a friend than a Grandparent and she covered up for me so many times when I'd been up to no good when I was a kid. She never judged me and loved me know matter what. My eldest lad still calls her " mad Nana " !. I feel your pain mate. The pain will go away in time, but the happy memories won't . PM me if your head gets too battered mate.

Don't use Facebook for all that public mourning but my nana raised me and was the closest thing to a real mum I had. It's the most upset I've been since the birth of my daughter.

Sorry to here this mate, and thoughts with you and your family.
Nan's are boss.
I lost mine last Xmas eve. I lived with her as a troublesome teenager for a bit.
Family issues meant I swerved the funeral, as I didn't want to bump into others.
Regretted it since, but it was the right call.

Raise a glass on Christmas Day, have a cry, and then have a laugh mate.

sorry to hear that chum

Sorry to hear that mate, hope you're OK.

Just catching up with the thread, so sorry to hear this. Sincere condolences to you and your family x

I am so sorry Bryan. My thoughts are with you.

Christmas is fast approaching and as it's generally a time of year when peoples thoughts intensify somewhat. I think it's timely to remember that while you may be thinking differently to those around you, just remember that help is just a phone call or a few key taps away. Don't feel you have to go it alone.

Once again the Mods & team at GOT have done a great job keeping this thread alive and will probably never know who or how many, they've helped. It's not why the thread is here of course but it's still a credit to them, and all the contributors, especially those opening up a bit, that an outlet exists for our little community.

I type this in sweltering heat (37C) as most of you are sleeping but it also highlights that the Sun never sets on the GOT family! Take care everyone especially in the lead up to Christmas when that Muppet in front of you grabs the last BB-8 doll in the store...:rant: or that lunatic cuts you off on the Motorway/Freeway :rant: ...just think "What would the Mods on GOT do?" :p

PS. Will be thinking of you & your family this Christmas Bryan.

Christmas is fast approaching and as it's generally a time of year when peoples thoughts intensify somewhat. I think it's timely to remember that while you may be thinking differently to those around you, just remember that help is just a phone call or a few key taps away. Don't feel you have to go it alone.

Once again the Mods & team at GOT have done a great job keeping this thread alive and will probably never know who or how many, they've helped. It's not why the thread is here of course but it's still a credit to them, and all the contributors, especially those opening up a bit, that an outlet exists for our little community.

I type this in sweltering heat (37C) as most of you are sleeping but it also highlights that the Sun never sets on the GOT family! Take care everyone especially in the lead up to Christmas when that Muppet in front of you grabs the last BB-8 doll in the store...:rant: or that lunatic cuts you off on the Motorway/Freeway :rant: ...just think "What would the Mods on GOT do?" :p

PS. Will be thinking of you & your family this Christmas Bryan.
+1. Are you in Melbourne mate?

Sorry to here this mate, and thoughts with you and your family.
Nan's are boss.
I lost mine last Xmas eve. I lived with her as a troublesome teenager for a bit.
Family issues meant I swerved the funeral, as I didn't want to bump into others.

Regretted it since, but it was the right call.

Raise a glass on Christmas Day, have a cry, and then have a laugh mate.

That's scarily close to my upbringing. I'm not attending any sort of post "celebration", for the same reasons.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back