Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Nah not always . Silence can be the worst thing but in this case hopefully not
I've been silent on here, but have talked to @kithnou on Facebook and stuff a lot lately.

An update: still rather miserable, but finding ways to keep my mind occupied - started learning a new language, which helps me a lot, just keeping busy, working out at home... will start running in the next few days as well. Everton don't help though.

Hope everyone else is good :)

I've been silent on here, but have talked to @kithnou on Facebook and stuff a lot lately.

An update: still rather miserable, but finding ways to keep my mind occupied - started learning a new language, which helps me a lot, just keeping busy, working out at home... will start running in the next few days as well. Everton don't help though.

Sorry to hear that mate but the effort your putting in to help yourself is fantastic and you will get there with your positive mindset and spirit.
Running will help and with spring round the corner you will be happier in no time
Good luck

At least you're talking to folk, that's good.

I've recently gone through another bad episode, couldn't function didn't want to get out of bed, missed time at work.

I eventually told my superior who thankfully understood all about depression. It what such a weight lifted from my shoulders. Nothing worse going into work and hiding it from people. Gave me the necessary time off to get my head in order.

I'm back on medication now but not at all bothered, it's a part of my life now and if it helps keep the demons away I'm all for it.

I would advise people to try Shen therapy, it's non invasive. Look it up it worked wonders for me this time.

Good luck folks

I've recently gone through another bad episode, couldn't function didn't want to get out of bed, missed time at work.

I eventually told my superior who thankfully understood all about depression. It what such a weight lifted from my shoulders. Nothing worse going into work and hiding it from people. Gave me the necessary time off to get my head in order.

I'm back on medication now but not at all bothered, it's a part of my life now and if it helps keep the demons away I'm all for it.

I would advise people to try Shen therapy, it's non invasive. Look it up it worked wonders for me this time.

Good luck folks
It's great that in your own way you turned the experience into a positive, well done. My experiences are 2nd hand so I can contribute little of real knowledge, it's posts like this that have the potential to help others. Good luck to you too.

OK I'm going to take a stab at it...no posts in here since the Mr Moshiri announcement? ;)

Oh Everton....
I actually laughed at this, when news broke on the Saturday about Moshiri I went into a good mood, my wife said what's up with you?? When I explained about the takeover she said that's the first time I've seen you smile in a month.

Your a like a child she said "Bloody Everton" :)

I actually laughed at this, when news broke on the Saturday about Moshiri I went into a good mood, my wife said what's up with you?? When I explained about the takeover she said that's the first time I've seen you smile in a month.

Your a like a child she said "Bloody Everton" :)
Hahaha..that's brilliant mate.

There have been literally no posts since the news broke it seemed in here.

Coincidence??

raw

I think many people struggle to understand that depression is not an emotional feeling, but a serious illness that affects your whole body. In my case I have been quite unwell since the summer of 2014, that has largely prevented me from doing a lot of the things I enjoy such as going to the match. I have only been able to go to the match 3 times this season, I have a ticket for tomorrow however I'm not sure whether I'll be well enough to go tomorrow. I think as others have said on here physical exercise plus avoiding alcohol and drugs are the best things to do. Alcohol only makes your problems worse, it damages your physical health and mental health. Now I have given up alcohol and started attending AA meetings I do feel a lot better mentally, I'm not physically there but I hope to change that. I also think people should go to their GP as quickly as possible, as if you leave it too long you can end of feeling physically and mentally a lot worse.​

;)
I think many people struggle to understand that depression is not an emotional feeling, but a serious illness that affects your whole body. In my case I have been quite unwell since the summer of 2014, that has largely prevented me from doing a lot of the things I enjoy such as going to the match. I have only been able to go to the match 3 times this season, I have a ticket for tomorrow however I'm not sure whether I'll be well enough to go tomorrow. I think as others have said on here physical exercise plus avoiding alcohol and drugs are the best things to do. Alcohol only makes your problems worse, it damages your physical health and mental health. Now I have given up alcohol and started attending AA meetings I do feel a lot better mentally, I'm not physically there but I hope to change that. I also think people should go to their GP as quickly as possible, as if you leave it too long you can end of feeling physically and mentally a lot worse.​

Well said mate, please continue to post. I'm sure you have a lot to add to this thread by the sounds of it.

I suspect there's a lot of people who lurk on here and don't post, so you'll be posting for them too ;)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back