Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

We see the best of GOT in this thread and I genuinely admire those who share how they're feeling, you make it how what is through being so brave.

I do want you to know that if I had the chance to report any of you into a forum ban - even in this thread - I wouldn't hesitate to because that's the game.

We see the best of GOT in this thread and I genuinely admire those who share now they're feeling, you make it how what is through being so brave.

I do want you to know that if I had the chance to report any of you into a forum ban - even in this thread - I wouldn't hesitate to because that's the game.

(wipes tear) We know. The grass grows greener on the night shift.

What a heart this man has. El corazon azul.

seriously, this thread is a tribute to the kind of people that make Everton and GOT great. Hang in there.

Had an appointment with the occupational physician today. He prescribed Fluoxetine for my recurring anxiety attacks. Haven't picked up the medicine yet though. I'm trying not to make a big thing out of it, the medication. Thinking it can hopefully have a positive effect, help me steer in a new direction in combination with the CBT programme I've started following. But if anyone would share some personal insights into taking up SSRI's for anxiety disorders that would be helpful. So I can form a better perception of what to expect. Positive/negative effects. (I'm sure the info I'm after is readily available from reading back in this thread, but still... appreciated.)

Had an appointment with the occupational physician today. He prescribed Fluoxetine for my recurring anxiety attacks. Haven't picked up the medicine yet though. I'm trying not to make a big thing out of it, the medication. Thinking it can hopefully have a positive effect, help me steer in a new direction in combination with the CBT programme I've started following. But if anyone would share some personal insights into taking up SSRI's for anxiety disorders that would be helpful. So I can form a better perception of what to expect. Positive/negative effects. (I'm sure the info I'm after is readily available from reading back in this thread, but still... appreciated.)

Hi mate, Fluoxetine is another name for Prozac, probably the most well known of the SSRI's.

It's commonly prescribed for depression and linked anxiety.

I've taken it and found that it worked for me until the situation that was causing my depression and anxiety ( work ) sky rocketed and then it couldn't " hold " the anxiety at bay any longer and I had to change meds.

Fluoxetine is a very good SSRI, however it's very hit and miss. What works for others may not work for you, so regular contact with your Doc is essential. Regardless you need to give it up to three weeks to kick in properly. There's no" eureka " moment, you'll should just gradually notice that you're feeling more normal again. That means it's working.

You may have a few side effects to begin with, sweats etc. Don't worry too much, it's just your body getting used to it. Should last a few days, no more.

Hope this helps mate ?

We see the best of GOT in this thread and I genuinely admire those who share how they're feeling, you make it how what is through being so brave.

Nice to know that even in the most sacrosanct of all threads that your still vigilant and upholding the rules of the forum. I for one salute you.

Hi mate, Fluoxetine is another name for Prozac, probably the most well known of the SSRI's.

It's commonly prescribed for depression and linked anxiety.

I've taken it and found that it worked for me until the situation that was causing my depression and anxiety ( work ) sky rocketed and then it couldn't " hold " the anxiety at bay any longer and I had to change meds.

Fluoxetine is a very good SSRI, however it's very hit and miss. What works for others may not work for you, so regular contact with your Doc is essential. Regardless you need to give it up to three weeks to kick in properly. There's no" eureka " moment, you'll should just gradually notice that you're feeling more normal again. That means it's working.

You may have a few side effects to begin with, sweats etc. Don't worry too much, it's just your body getting used to it. Should last a few days, no more.

Hope this helps mate ?

It certainly does. Many many thanks.

is it coz I'm a wool?

There is no real answer considering pos/neg effects of medication, sometimes you have to take both, as a small example in order to have energy I lose taste and suffer cramps.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back