Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Nagging feeling mate? Like you are expecting something to happen? Anticipation anxiety?

Bit of rumination.

Bit fed up. Not quite 100%. I'm sound really. Nothings fundamentally wrong. That's my older experience talking.

Deep depression means that focus 'seeing wood for trees' isn't there in my experience.

Could be fatigue related. Forum is keeping me distracted and entertained. ;) which helps.

Bit of rumination.

Bit fed up. Not quite 100%. I'm sound really. Nothings fundamentally wrong. That's my older experience talking.

Deep depression means that focus 'seeing wood for trees' isn't there in my experience.

Could be fatigue related. Forum is keeping me distracted and entertained. ;) which helps.
A bit like a self fulfilling prophecy perhaps? Sounds like your "older experience" talks a lot of sense. ;)

Stay positive as best you can mate & hopefully it'll pass.

My wife is a natural worrier always looking at worse case scenarios. Financially we are ok she has access to everything and the kids know my passwords lol. It's just her way of dealing with what's going on but it drains me at times because I just have to listen and let her get it all out.
Glad to hear you're feeling more up now.

Re the accounts / password stuff - just a reminder to make sure that she is "on" the accounts, etc. as well, so there are no problems with access afterwards. In the US, one of the common terms for account ownership is "JTWROS", meaning Joint Tenants with Rights of Survivorship, which allows account access to continue unhindered, even after the passing of one of the account holders.

Depressingly practical, I know. At the same time, makes a difference in dealing with "stuff" afterwards.

Glad to hear you're feeling more up now.

Re the accounts / password stuff - just a reminder to make sure that she is "on" the accounts, etc. as well, so there are no problems with access afterwards. In the US, one of the common terms for account ownership is "JTWROS", meaning Joint Tenants with Rights of Survivorship, which allows account access to continue unhindered, even after the passing of one of the account holders.

Depressingly practical, I know. At the same time, makes a difference in dealing with "stuff" afterwards.
Every thing is sorted. As soon as I was diagnosed I took care of everything, funeral sorted debts payed pensions cashed dd's cancelled all monies transferred to her account:rant:

I work in Africa, 2 months on, 1 month off, and one morning I woke to find that I'd been burged during the night. I stay in a villa, on my own, and on the kitchen table I found a huge knife that the burglars had left behind.
Luckily I had locked the bedroom door or I dread to think what might have happned, and luckily I never heard a thing.

I didn't go out of the house for something like 6 months, then I was speaking to one of my ex pat friends and he asked why I hadn't been out, he knew about the burglary. It was this guy who told me to speak to someone because It sounded like depression was setting in.

I was fine when I was home with my wife and kids but the thought of going back to Africa and the villa was horrible.

My point is, sometimes you just don't realise that depression is taking a grip and admitting it to yourself is difficult.
There are reasons for it, and it's nothing to be ashamed of.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back