Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Went to the doctor today and fortunately got one of the good ones that actually seems like she listens to you. Anyway long story short getting refered to Neurologist as expected.

On the positive side she didn't think driving was a big issue as I have only ever had seizures nocturnally and obviously there is not conclusive proof anythings been happening. In the meantime minimise stress, avoid alcohol etc.

Surprisingly she did no tests of any kind. I know she's not a neurologist but I explained that I've been feeling a bit dizzy as well which could well be an infection, but nope nada not even a look in my ears.

So in the spirit of minimising stress I'm off to revise for tomorrow's exam lol

Went to the doctor today and fortunately got one of the good ones that actually seems like she listens to you. Anyway long story short getting refered to Neurologist as expected.

On the positive side she didn't think driving was a big issue as I have only ever had seizures nocturnally and obviously there is not conclusive proof anythings been happening. In the meantime minimise stress, avoid alcohol etc.

Surprisingly she did no tests of any kind. I know she's not a neurologist but I explained that I've been feeling a bit dizzy as well which could well be an infection, but nope nada not even a look in my ears.

So in the spirit of minimising stress I'm off to revise for tomorrow's exam lol

Glad to see you were able to consult with one of the better ones...

Glad to see you were able to consult with one of the better ones...

Yeah me too. It was just the GP so the start of a road I've been down before with consultants etc. Hopefully the neurologist is as helpful.

Luckily my GP surgery has good doctors nowadays. Used to have some proper dinosaurs working there when I was younger, you know the kind, look down at you through the glasses on the end of their nose like you are a nuisance. Basically treatment was if you're not bleeding there is nothing wrong with you. Thankfully things move forward.

Yeah me too. It was just the GP so the start of a road I've been down before with consultants etc. Hopefully the neurologist is as helpful.

Luckily my GP surgery has good doctors nowadays. Used to have some proper dinosaurs working there when I was younger, you know the kind, look down at you through the glasses on the end of their nose like you are a nuisance. Basically treatment was if you're not bleeding there is nothing wrong with you. Thankfully things move forward.
A lot of surgeries seem to have improved the last couple of years,certainly in regards to mental health issues

I think it's hard for the government to ignore the mental health issues these days. Although they are intent in doing so with the children's department...
They are intent on ignoring any health issues,they go out of the way to try and stigmatize any illness,but thats for a different thread

Confirmation from @wbn61

20160526_232457.webp

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back