Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

went to see my nurse today and she alieved me of a few of my issues. She agreed with me that once sufferers have been diagnosed terminal there is no system in place to help them and are left on there own in limbo.

Sad that its the case, but thats where the third sector can really shine imo. We have a charity up here CLAN that provides so many free support services to cancer patients, terminal or otherwise. See link for reference: http://clanhouse.org/

Is there anything like that round your way?

went to see my nurse today and she alieved me of a few of my issues. She agreed with me that once sufferers have been diagnosed terminal there is no system in place to help them and are left on there own in limbo.
Geezuzz, that's harsh! You've got us but you'll clearly need more. As Abertonian says, there must be sort of third party organisation out there you can turn to.

Geezuzz, that's harsh! You've got us but you'll clearly need more. As Abertonian says, there must be sort of third party organisation out there you can turn to.

The district nurse should sort all that out .

My missus is one and that's one of the key things she does - links everyone up.

Although it differs from area to area, so I don't know what the protocol is in Wales ?

Sad that its the case, but thats where the third sector can really shine imo. We have a charity up here CLAN that provides so many free support services to cancer patients, terminal or otherwise. See link for reference: http://clanhouse.org/

Is there anything like that round your way?
there is the hospice, i'm just waiting for an appointment to see them

When I was diagnosed terminal we did ask what happens next? he just said we can arrange a scan for the future and i'll probably see you in 6 weeks and left for his next patient. my nurse said she would try and arrange for me to see the hospice, then we left. with all the other probs that we had at the time I didn't really think about it but its been there, the waiting, what do I do next? and I think subconsciously it's been one of the reasons I have been struggling. I'm just grateful that I have my nurse and you wonderful people to help me along.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back