Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

I've just sent an email to Mind to try and get myself some talking therapy again.

I don't want to go back to my old counselling building, not because my therapist is bad, I just don't want to feel like I've let her down by falling back into my old ways.
Don't put yourself down fella, it's not easy. I have had cbt 3 times and am on meds. Seeking help is a brave step on its own. I have recently started to read around mindfulness, yoga etc which I am finding quite helpful- give it a try

Asked about some counselling for anxiety I've suffered for years, but its just getting on top of me now, and talk Liverpool will only offer online CBT.. which I could of googled and got myself! No wonder people get let down by the NHS.. and it's all due to the cuts.

It's so hard to ask for help, and frustrating when you reach out and don't get anywhere.

Have you been to your GP?

I was told once that some trainee counsellors will offer free sessions in order to gain experience. It's not something I've tried but might be worth looking into.

Asked about some counselling for anxiety I've suffered for years, but its just getting on top of me now, and talk Liverpool will only offer online CBT.. which I could of googled and got myself! No wonder people get let down by the NHS.. and it's all due to the cuts.

In lieu of counselling mate, have a look at this site :

Mentalhealthforum.net

Wonderful NHS run forum for every type of mental health issue you can think of.

There's a massive long running anxiety thread on there.

It's a fantastic site mate, you'll get great advice and support on there x

Mentalhealthforum.net

I've been trying to use that forum but every time I tap on the anxiety thread it takes me to the 'experiences' thread.

Any advice? I'm trying to view it on an Android phone.

I've been trying to use that forum but every time I tap on the anxiety thread it takes me to the 'experiences' thread.

Any advice? I'm trying to view it on an Android phone.

It's age since I've been on mate and as you say the format has changed.

Maybe go into that thread and ask if it's the right one to discuss anxiety ?.

I'm sure you'll be directed to the right one if it isn't

There's an in-depth interview with Steven Caulker on Guardian site today about all his troubles. Sobering reading.
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ctions-gambling-drinking-qpr?CMP=share_btn_tw

On that note, does anyone know if Lennon is doing any better?

There will be sympathy from some on here for him, but it would be more reassuring if those same people stopped and thought about the way players are talked about on here. Hypocrisy of the highest order?

Mentalhealthforum.net

Thanks buddy..

Part of my condition is concentrating, so when she told me I'd need to sit at computer for 1/2 an hour I was a bit miffed!

It's so hard to ask for help, and frustrating when you reach out and don't get anywhere.

Have you been to your GP?

I was told once that some trainee counsellors will offer free sessions in order to gain experience. It's not something I've tried but might be worth looking into.

Yeah the GP referred me.. you build yourself up to ask for help then get told to do an online course!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back