Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

You're dead right, but it's so frustrating. I have black and white evidence that she's been carrying on, but she's still denying it. When confronted she just gets angry and starts calling me for all sorts.

The only thing I'm really bothered about is our mutual friends. I know she's started spinning a web with them already to limit any damage. I'm tempted to just show them all the evidence, but do I need the hassle and is it fair on them?

I'm angry and bitter. She made believe it was all me for the past 2 months. If I hadn't of rattled through her work phone I'd still be beating myself up about it. She put me on the brink.

Mate. I figured out some bad news yesterday very similiar. Never came on this thread. My wife admitted being up to no good yesterday after i decided to keep digging for the truth. I suspected somethings werent right after her night out and she eventually had to admit it after contridicting herself time and time again. It had been going on a couple months. Very similiar total denial and blaming me for not believing her. But I wrote everything down. I was able to figure it out myself that her story did not match up time and time again. I kept going questioning her as i knew i was in the right to deserve the truth. She had admitted up to a point and i was just about to leave it until i looked at my facts again and there was something small not quite right. So i went again and she finally admitted. Its been the hardest hours of my life. I dont know where we will go. But at least i know the story now.
Im doing my best to hold it together. I have decided due to having 2 kids im not going to cause chaos just yet until my mind is clear. I dont know where im going with this post. I have not told my mates. I contacted my sister and she has helped me through the day. Im hoping ill be able to figure out what to do and a way to go forward.
I was going to private message you but maybe i felt that way i was hiding something like i did something wrong. Hope you find some light as well.

Mate. I figured out some bad news yesterday very similiar. Never came on this thread. My wife admitted being up to no good yesterday after i decided to keep digging for the truth. I suspected somethings werent right after her night out and she eventually had to admit it after contridicting herself time and time again. It had been going on a couple months. Very similiar total denial and blaming me for not believing her. But I wrote everything down. I was able to figure it out myself that her story did not match up time and time again. I kept going questioning her as i knew i was in the right to deserve the truth. She had admitted up to a point and i was just about to leave it until i looked at my facts again and there was something small not quite right. So i went again and she finally admitted. Its been the hardest hours of my life. I dont know where we will go. But at least i know the story now.
Im doing my best to hold it together. I have decided due to having 2 kids im not going to cause chaos just yet until my mind is clear. I dont know where im going with this post. I have not told my mates. I contacted my sister and she has helped me through the day. Im hoping ill be able to figure out what to do and a way to go forward.
I was going to private message you but maybe i felt that way i was hiding something like i did something wrong. Hope you find some light as well.

Nightmare mate. What has she said? Is she sorry or is she in the blinded pig headed stage of wanting out and sod the consequences? Big decisions ahead, but if she has lied for so long and again and again it is going to be very hard to trust her ever again plus the pain and hurt will make it hard to forgive and especially forget. Don't do anything rash yet, you need to get to the bottom of it honestly and truthfully. But don't be a mug and protect yourself regarding kids/home etc. If it's gone on for months it could be bad news as god knows what is going through her head. Good luck.

I've mentioned this before on here mate, but it may be of help to you.

About 18 mths ago one of my best mates came home form cancer treatment early and caught his missus in the arms of the fella that was doing their kitchen. They have two kids, same as you.

Quite rightly he was convinced that he would be able to divorce her as the innocent party and this would tip the financial settlement in his favour - Wrong.

After seeing a good brief, he was told that it's all about the kids full stop and unless the mums a rancid smackhead, a court will always want the kids stay with the mum in the house. Which means that the fella pays for it, regardless of the rights or wrongs.

Worse still, she would be entitled to some of his pension, should they split too.

To cut a very long story short, they've stayed together for the kids.

He hates her. His family won't go near the house when she's there and his friends won't either ( inc me ).

It's a horrible situation and I'm sure the kids must've picked up on it too.

He says he won't divorce her until the kids have left home and are independent. This would lessen the settlement, but he'd be in his mid to late fifties then.

It's a no win situation for the fella mate.

Stay together with someone you despise or move out and get rinsed ?.

It's not my intention to be all doom and gloom mate, but it's better that you know this eariy on ( if you don't already )
rather than getting over the intial shock and then finding this out.

Once it's sunk in, get legal advice mate.

About 18 mths ago one of my best mates came home form cancer treatment early and caught his missus in the arms of the fella that was doing their kitchen. They have two kids, same as you.

Quite rightly he was convinced that he would be able to divorce her as the innocent party and this would tip the financial settlement in his favour - Wrong.

After seeing a good brief, he was told that it's all about the kids full stop and unless the mums a rancid smackhead, a court will always want the kids stay with the mum in the house. Which means that the fella pays for it, regardless of the rights or wrongs.

Worse still, she would be entitled to some of his pension, should they split too.

He hates her. His family won't go near the house when she's there and his friends won't either ( inc me ).

He says he won't divorce her until the kids have left home and are independent. This would lessen the settlement, but he'd be in his mid to late fifties then.

It's not my intention to be all doom and gloom mate, but it's better that you know this eariy on ( if you don't already )

Cheers lad. Ya im very wide to all that.

Nightmare mate. What has she said? Is she sorry or is she in the blinded pig headed stage of wanting out and sod the consequences? Big decisions ahead, but if she has lied for so long and again and again it is going to be very hard to trust her ever again plus the pain and hurt will make it hard to forgive and especially forget. Don't do anything rash yet, you need to get to the bottom of it honestly and truthfully. But don't be a mug and protect yourself regarding kids/home etc. If it's gone on for months it could be bad news as god knows what is going through her head.

Thanks lad. As the trust is broken my feelings for her and how she feels doesnt bother me. I dont trust how she says she feels etc now no matter how many tears etc. Im prob lucky like that. I can be a bit clinical if things have gone against me. Ive kind of been always been the same. Even though im in bits now I know eventually i will get over it and knowing that helps me a bit now. Ill do nothing rash. I found it out by being cool and calculated and will do the same in how i deal with the situation. Above all ill be making sure my kids are ok. Thanks again.

Aw man, sorry to hear that. It sucks doesn't it!

I really feel for you because there's kids involved. It must make things so much more complicated.

At least yours has had the decency to eventually admit what's she's done. Mine just starts a slanging match when I confront her with the phone messages. The worst part is seeing someone you once loved change so much so suddenly.

I've had to separate her into two separate people for the sake of my mind. The kind and caring one I loved and the selfish, lier that remains now.

I really admire you for holding it together for the sake of the kids. It can't be easy after the way you've been treated.

Aw man, sorry to hear that. It sucks doesn't it!

I really feel for you because there's kids involved. It must make things so much more complicated.

At least yours has had the decency to eventually admit what's she's done. Mine just starts a slanging match when I confront her with the phone messages. The worst part is seeing someone you once loved change so much so suddenly.

I've had to separate her into two separate people for the sake of my mind. The kind and caring one I loved and the selfish, lier that remains now.

I really admire you for holding it together for the sake of the kids. It can't be easy after the way you've been treated.

Thanks lad. Best of luck with your situation.

Pretty similar to me but not that bad. Personally I got out, lost everything sold house at a massive loss and live in a rented flat. BUT I am happier, at the end of the day met someone genuine and live a happy life. Can't take a house with you when you go can you? So no point living miserably in it for years. But do understand this point of view too.

Pretty similar to me but not that bad. Personally I got out, lost everything sold house at a massive loss and live in a rented flat. BUT I am happier, at the end of the day met someone genuine and live a happy life. Can't take a house with you when you go can you? So no point living miserably in it for years. But do understand this point of view too.

The crazy thing is that me and my mates have sat down with him and told him the same thing, as has his family.

He just won't go due to the money.

I can't imagine living his life, it'd be like torture.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back