Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

So often, when the joker speaks seriously it's good advice;

d1beed3cf91bed8d7bea7993a90af86b--richard-pryor-quotes-left-handed-celebrities.jpg

Do the normal stuff mate. If it's only drink, then plenty of water and a decent meal will sort you out. A long bath too

Good luck ;)
It's just trying to get back to normal.

Got to sleep about 12 and just woke up then.

Drank day and night, along with other things for 5 days straight. Doing that whilst suffering with crippling anxiety messes a person up.

It's hard not to do it on a stag doo, though. It's almost frowned upon if you're not smashed out your face.

Drank day and night, along with other things for 5 days straight. Doing that whilst suffering with crippling anxiety messes a person up.

It's hard not to do it on a stag doo, though. It's almost frowned upon if you're not smashed out your face.

Mate, if something messes your head up, just don't do it. After one heavy session I feel like death and start getting "the fear", so god knows how you felt after a 5 day bender. If your mates are sound they'll understand.

I used to smoke a lot of pot and that made me depressed, so I knocked it on the head. Sometimes you have to sacrifice things for your own wellbeing.

Mate, if something messes your head up, just don't do it. After one heavy session I feel like death and start getting "the fear", so god knows how you felt after a 5 day bender. If your mates are sound they'll understand.

I used to smoke a lot of pot and that made me depressed, so I knocked it on the head. Sometimes you have to sacrifice things for your own wellbeing.
I genuinely think it is just me.

When I was over there, I had the best time of my life. From being with 23 other lads, all smashed and just having a laugh to being back home is just horrible.

A lot of them were well worse than what I was, pouring MDMA into their drinks at 10 in the morning. I probably wouldn't have had the good time I did if I tried to be sober.

You don't think when you're away though, you don't have the time to. It's only when you're alone that the mind goes into overdrive and start to overthink every possible disastrous situation that might've happened.

I've been there mate.

Each day just gets worse with lack of sleep / hangovers turbo charging your anxiety.

All you want to do is come home.

Give yourself a massive pat on the back for getting through it x

Spot on, but it's difficult due to peer pressure to say no.

One of the ways I've found to manage these situations is always to appear that you've got a drink, even if it's one you've had for hours.

Once people are drunk, they see your drink and assume you're still drinking ;)

I know mate

Decided to try using a sleep mask again this week. It's definitely helping me to stay asleep and I'm feeling more calm when I first wake up. Thanks for the suggestion.

@COYBL25

Glad it's helped you mate.

I couldn't believe the difference after the first night when I used one.

I went from four hours sleep, to six hours sleep immediately.

Like I said, it tricks your brain into thinking that it's still night time and helps stop that mad Cortisol rush when you wake, hence the calmer feeling.

I can't sleep without one now.

Have you tired ear plugs too ?

I've found that they help too, although sometimes they're not practical with the kids etc.

Glad it's helped you mate.

I couldn't believe the difference after the first night when I used one.

I went from four hours sleep, to six hours sleep immediately.

Like I said, it tricks your brain into thinking that it's still night time and helps stop that mad Cortisol rush when you wake, hence the calmer feeling.

I can't sleep without one now.

Have you tired ear plugs too ?

I've found that they help too, although sometimes they're not practical with the kids etc.

Ear plugs wouldn't be an option for me. My daughter wakes most nights so I need to be available for that.

Also trying CBD oil as well this week as I've read that it can help with anxiety.

Ear plugs wouldn't be an option for me. My daughter wakes most nights so I need to be available for that.

Also trying CBD oil as well this week as I've read that it can help with anxiety.

Just keep trying stuff, as it's very hit and miss.

The new one that's doing the rounds is cherry juice - seriolusy.

Not tried it myself, just remember to check if you take herbal stuff, that it's ok to use with any meds that your taking.

A lot of herbal stuff causes adverse reactions with prescription meds.

Just keep trying stuff, as it's very hit and miss.

The new one that's doing the rounds is cherry juice - seriolusy.

Not tried it myself, just remember to check if you take herbal stuff, that it's ok to use with any meds that your taking.

A lot of herbal stuff causes adverse reactions with prescription meds.

I will check it out. Thanks for the advice. I feel like the CBD is helping but it's expensive and doesn't go far.

Cherry juice? I'm willing to try anything at the moment.

My parents want me to seek professional help and have offered to arrange it all for me.

I've just sent an email to Mind to try and get myself some talking therapy again.

I don't want to go back to my old counselling building, not because my therapist is bad, I just don't want to feel like I've let her down by falling back into my old ways.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back