Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Finally free, at home now relaxing with a bevvy before bed. Feel like Andy in Shawshank Redemption after he crawls out the poo pipe to freedom. No more of those loser people, no more carrying around intense negative feelings. I'm moving onto what is hopefully FAR better things and a far happier period of my life.

Pretty much ran out the door at home time, barely said goodbye to any of them. They've been so rude and ignorant over the past year and half or so, I wish them no luck whatsoever and don't want to hear of them ever again. Good people deserve to feel good and enjoy good things. Hopefully that's what fate has in store for me going forward.

Had councilling again last night. My councillor thinks we've found the route of my anxiety. I hope she's right.

My current goal is to stop making myself responsible for other people's behaviour and feelings. Very difficult to amend a thought process that has developed over a life time.

That's real progress.

You're obviously getting on well with the councillor.

You are right, in that it's going to be difficult and it may be that you won't ever completely rid yourself off of some of the problems that have built up over your life time.

Set yourself realistic and achievable goals and take it from there ;)

That's real progress.

You're obviously getting on well with the councillor.

You are right, in that it's going to be difficult and it may be that you won't ever completely rid yourself off of some of the problems that have built up over your life time.

Set yourself realistic and achievable goals and take it from there ;)

She really is great. Sometimes I don't think I making any sense and she organises my thoughts for me. I know it's her job but it's just so refreshing talking to someone who doesn't judge you and always seems to understand.

Had councilling again last night. My councillor thinks we've found the route of my anxiety. I hope she's right.

My current goal is to stop making myself responsible for other people's behaviour and feelings.
Very difficult to amend a thought process that has developed over a life time.

Thats a very good point. I sometimes feel I do the same - wanting a reaction. Im going again this week and will say this to her.

Thats a very good point. I sometimes feel I do the same - wanting a reaction. Im going again this week and will say this to her.

The difficulty is some people will have you believe that you have caused them to feel a certain way, sad or angry for example. My councillor has been explaining how this isn't true and that people's behaviour and feelings is about them. I know she is right but as she says, it's getting my rational mind to connect with my gut feelings.

The difficulty is some people will have you believe that you have caused them to feel a certain way, sad or angry for example. My councillor has been explaining how this isn't true and that people's behaviour and feelings is about them. I know she is right but as she says, it's getting my rational mind to connect with my gut feelings.
Feel same as you mate. Thing is with me, I always analise too much and always looking for an answer. Then to the other extreme, bury my head in the sand.

Feel same as you mate. Thing is with me, I always analise too much and always looking for an answer. Then to the other extreme, bury my head in the sand.

Always looking for an answer...yes this is what I do. I'll obsess over little things and spend hours trying to come to terms with a situation. The reality is, in taking or even accepting responsibility for someone else's feelings or behaviour we are taking on something we have no control over. It's bound to cause anxiety.

First day in the new job today. I think it went pretty okay, certainly not bad.

Basically spent it all reading and filling in forms, then doing some observing of other more experienced workers and trying to absorb a lot of information. They had me listen in to a few calls to get a gist of how they go, it seemed complicated but I'm confident I'll pick it up fairly quickly. Wrote a load of notes just to make it look as if I was doing something, felt a bit silly watching everyone else doing their usual business whilst I was left to just watch and listen but I bet many other people have had far worse first days.

The people seemed very friendly, the team I've been put in is all women mostly talking about women's things so I didn't get to chime in much but I didn't feel uncomfortable or left out. Tomorrow will hopefully be more productive but a positive start so far. :)

First day in the new job today. I think it went pretty okay, certainly not bad.

Basically spent it all reading and filling in forms, then doing some observing of other more experienced workers and trying to absorb a lot of information. They had me listen in to a few calls to get a gist of how they go, it seemed complicated but I'm confident I'll pick it up fairly quickly. Wrote a load of notes just to make it look as if I was doing something, felt a bit silly watching everyone else doing their usual business whilst I was left to just watch and listen but I bet many other people have had far worse first days.

The people seemed very friendly, the team I've been put in is all women mostly talking about women's things so I didn't get to chime in much but I didn't feel uncomfortable or left out. Tomorrow will hopefully be more productive but a positive start so far. :)
if they are a team of more mature ladies you will be spoilt rotten. My son who is 24 works in a team of ladies old enough to be his Mum. they pander to his every whim!

Seriously, glad your first day went well. Long may it continue

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back