Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Thanks for the reply. This post is similar to some of the things that I've discussed with my councillor. Feeling like I have to justify myself and taking responsibility for other people's feelings and behaviour. I know that their behaviour is about them and not me but it's actually believing that which I struggle with, and this is what I'm working towards.

I spoke about something similar today about how when i feel anxious i feel very aware of everyone around and think they notice how i cannot look them in the eye or be sociable and this creates further anxiety. It is a vicious circle and will take time i am sure.

I'm currently attending weekly councilling and finding it really helpful. Prior to this I tried it twice before and hated it both times. The councillors just weren't what I was looking for and I didn't feel comfortable opening up to them. It might be worth trying a different councillor.

I think it was inappropriate for your councillor to focus so much on the length of the session. My councillor is adamant that I don't leave until I am calm and feeling ok, it has meant that we have run over by 5 minutes a couple of times but she doesn't seem to mind.

Today was definitely better and we did run over by 5 minutes and she never once said anything. Last week must have just been a bad day for her or something.

Another appointment next week so baby steps but i already have strategies and lots to read and consider.

Had a good session tonight. My issues down to 'grieving' over the split from my partner, and that I try and over analise everything. Got another session in three weeks. Feeling good.
Well done mate; my ex wife left me and it took me two years to get to grips with the fact that I had lost the purpose of the life I offered. It left me without course for that time; I'm made up you are moving on. Again well done keep it up and always be open

Well done mate; my ex wife left me and it took me two years to get to grips with the fact that I had lost the purpose of the life I offered. It left me without course for that time; I'm made up you are moving on. Again well done keep it up and always be open
Cheers pal. Still hold out we may get together, doubtful, more in hope than anything else. I will get through it but know its going to take time. X

Finished my first week in my new works earlier today, overall it went quite well. Getting along good with my new colleagues, making steady progress at learning the job and definitely finding it a lot more enjoyable than the previous place which was full of horrible low-lifes. Everyone just comes to work, pulls their weight to earn their money and nobody talks horribly about anyone else behind their back (least I haven't heard of that yet). It's all professional but friendly, exactly what I was looking for. The other place was literally an asylum with patients running around free, most of the people there had no clue how to behave like adults and it drove me round the bend.

Feeling a lot better in myself, this definitely feels like a fresh start. Hopefully many other things I'm working on and hoping for pan good as well. :)

Councilling again last night. It was really heavy going and it's taken alot out of me. My councillor believes we've gotten to the route of my issues. She has pointed out how distorted my thought process is. There's stuff from years ago that I've never really dealt with.

How I have learned to always believe that other people's feelings are more important than mine.

How I often feel like I have done something wrong and feel like a bad person.

Sorry if this post is a bit serious. I'm lucky that my wife is so supprtive and is fully aware of my issues.

Feeling I'm getting somewhere but it's a longer road than I first thought.

Thanks for reading this. Hope you are all well.

Councilling again last night. It was really heavy going and it's taken alot out of me. My councillor believes we've gotten to the route of my issues. She has pointed out how distorted my thought process is. There's stuff from years ago that I've never really dealt with.

How I have learned to always believe that other people's feelings are more important than mine.

Sorry if this post is a bit serious. I'm lucky that my wife is so supprtive and is fully aware of my issues.

Mate, its a long road but you are getting there. We all have different issues to deal with and you are doing the right thing with councilling, believe me. Make sure you tell your wife how much it means to you that she supporting you 100%. She will be your best friend and get you through this.

No apologies needed mate. You're doing really well by the sounds of it.

It's almost like peeling the layers back in your head back until you get to the last one that's left and find that's the one that's causing all the problems.

It's gonna be hard, as your facing a lot of stuff that you've either kept hidden or pretended wasn't there and tried to bury.

Don't forget to tell you're wife how much her support is helping and means to you. She sounds like a wonderful person ;)

No apologies needed mate. You're doing really well by the sounds of it.

It's almost like peeling the layers back in your head back until you get to the last one that's left and find that's the one that's causing all the problems.

It's gonna be hard, as your facing a lot of stuff that you've either kept hidden or pretended wasn't there and tried to bury.

Don't forget to tell you're wife how much her support is helping and means to you. She sounds like a wonderful person ;)

She really is. I must've done something right somewhere along the way to get her.

Mate, its a long road but you are getting there. We all have different issues to deal with and you are doing the right thing with councilling, believe me. Make sure you tell your wife how much it means to you that she supporting you 100%. She will be your best friend and get you through this.

Thanks mate. I will make sure she knows.

Had my best day at work so far, nearly reached the same level of performance as everyone else who works there and receiving lots of compliments about how quickly I've picked it up. Can tell I'm well-liked as well, I engage in banter with my female office colleagues but only when they start the interaction so as to no come across as arrogant. They keep saying I'm a funny lad and ganging up on me in a light-hearted way and cheekily enquiring about my private life.

Outside of work things are going a bit slow but generally good. Don't feel all that moody at home like I so often did whilst at the last place (probably because I'm sleeping better) and haven't let minor things such both me as much I don't think. Hopefully things only continue to move upwards. :)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back