Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Going to the pub with some old work colleagues on Friday and I'm not dreading it. Anyone who has read some of my previous posts will know that this is progress for me.

I'm driving straight there after work so no pressure to drink either. Just a couple of hours and then home. I'm not turning it into something it isn't and blowing out of proportion this time.

Massive massive progress, well done ;)

Hi guys, since my last post that you may have read, my girlfriend and I have broken up. I don't really feel any better for it, although a little bit of weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Still not doing very well really, I don't think she was the root cause of the problem but just a catalyst for all the problems I've had flaring up again. I've put the foundations down to get some CBT but everything in my life seems to be falling apart drastically. Earlier in the year I was so happy and positive, that's the real me and someone I want to get back to being. I've no motive, no permanent job and struggling to motivate myself to go and get further qualifications in something I'm interested in. It all seems too much. The days are really long lately and I don't feel like anyone is there for me.

Hi guys, since my last post that you may have read, my girlfriend and I have broken up. I don't really feel any better for it, although a little bit of weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Still not doing very well really, I don't think she was the root cause of the problem but just a catalyst for all the problems I've had flaring up again. I've put the foundations down to get some CBT but everything in my life seems to be falling apart drastically. Earlier in the year I was so happy and positive, that's the real me and someone I want to get back to being. I've no motive, no permanent job and struggling to motivate myself to go and get further qualifications in something I'm interested in. It all seems too much. The days are really long lately and I don't feel like anyone is there for me.

Hi mate, many on here, including me, have felt exactly like your feeling now, so you're not alone on here.

Please go and see you're GP as soon as poss mate ( if you haven't already ) and be brutally honest about how you're feeling.

You've almost ticked every single box for depression in that post.

I know how hard it can be, just to do something as simple as making an appt with your GP, when you have zero motivation to do anything at all, but the sooner you get the ball rolling, the sooner you can take steps to getting better.

From the post where you described your relationship with your girlfriend, she was only ever going to make things worse for you, due to her own problems.

I know it doesn't seem like it at the mo, but splitting up with her, getting out of a destructive relationship is your first step to getting better.

Keep posting mate, remember you're not alone on here x

Hi mate, many on here, including me, have felt exactly like your feeling now, so you're not alone on here.

Please go and see you're GP as soon as poss mate ( if you haven't already ) and be brutally honest about how you're feeling.

You've almost ticked every single box for depression in that post.

I know how hard it can be, just to do something as simple as making an appt with your GP, when you have zero motivation to do anything at all, but the sooner you get the ball rolling, the sooner you can take steps to getting better.

From the post where you described your relationship with your girlfriend, she was only ever going to make things worse for you, due to her own problems.

I know it doesn't seem like it at the mo, but splitting up with her, getting out of a destructive relationship is your first step to getting better.

Keep posting mate, remember you're not alone on here x

@Ping the Dragon Wagon This, spot on COYBL25, getting out of a relationship which has ultimately caused you heartache has also lifted a weight from your shoulders exactly the situation I found myself in many years ago on the breakup of my previous marriage, this is now an opportunity for you to give yourself a fresh start, you may feel at your lowest ebb but things will get better, not instantly but gradually to a stage where you can look back and see this as a turning point.

Make a plan for yourself, try and be positive, just little things like applying for jobs, going for a walk, join a gym,something to get you out of the house and keeping occupied soon you will see the world from a different perspective and your confidence slowly but surely will return but doing nothing won't help, you will need to put in a little effort but you will be rewarded.

Good luck keep posting there is always someone here who will respond to you, you are not alone.

Had another good session today. Helping me to stop trying to over analyse every situation that arises. I keep looking at issues from the past and how would I deal with them in the future even though the chances of them happening again are slim. This is what had a bearing on my split from my partner, lack of communication skills. Will have at least one more session and will look at this, feeling a lot easier with the split so hopefully moving forward.

Had another good session today. Helping me to stop trying to over analyse every situation that arises. I keep looking at issues from the past and how would I deal with them in the future even though the chances of them happening again are slim. This is what had a bearing on my split from my partner, lack of communication skills. Will have at least one more session and will look at this, feeling a lot easier with the split so hopefully moving forward.

You know when you've had a good session mate, as you almost come out it feeling " lighter ".

Keep it going ;)

The last six weeks or so I've been going out and knowing when I've hit the limit that will send my anxiety/depression over the edge.

Through the week I've just been keeping myself really busy and for the first time in a while I'm actually feeling good about myself.

I haven't had the easiest of years, as some will know if they read this thread, but I've deleted Facebook and Twitter so I can't see anything that he posts and also muted a group Whatsapp conversation so I can't see anything he messages to me in it.

Something feels like it has finally clicked for me. I pray it lasts. I don't ever want to go back to the place I was in earlier in this year. I didn't feel like I had any sort of future then, I didn't want to carry on.

The person I loved more than anything in the world told me I was worthless and treated me as such. He meant everything to me, I couldn't ever see a life for me without him in it. I even went to the lengths of planning how I could end it without it hurting.

I still have certain issues about myself that will always be a problem, but if I can carry on this way, I might be able to finally start to like myself for who I am.

The last six weeks or so I've been going out and knowing when I've hit the limit that will send my anxiety/depression over the edge.

Through the week I've just been keeping myself really busy and for the first time in a while I'm actually feeling good about myself.

I haven't had the easiest of years, as some will know if they read this thread, but I've deleted Facebook and Twitter so I can't see anything that he posts and also muted a group Whatsapp conversation so I can't see anything he messages to me in it.

Something feels like it has finally clicked for me. I pray it lasts. I don't ever want to go back to the place I was in earlier in this year. I didn't feel like I had any sort of future then, I didn't want to carry on.

The person I loved more than anything in the world told me I was worthless and treated me as such. He meant everything to me, I couldn't ever see a life for me without him in it. I even went to the lengths of planning how I could end it without it hurting.

I still have certain issues about myself that will always be a problem, but if I can carry on this way, I might be able to finally start to like myself for who I am.
So happy to read this. Nice one x

Good for you and we'll done mate.

One of the big things with anxiety is " managing " it.

You've identified the major causes and got rid of them to a certain extent.

Don't be tempted to hook up again to Facebook, Twitter etc because you're feeling better, as it'll kick your anxiety off again, guaranteed.

Is anybody watching this shitshow or what? Koeman out.
For everyone else's information, I'm in total agreement with @roydo in banning this member.

If indeed they turn out to be posting in the wrong thread then I'm sure we'll understand.

In the meantime, I'm sure this shows that all staff are vigilant with his thread.

Good work folks. It's nice to know that messages like this are few and far between.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back