Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

How do you guys deal with a relapse?

I been doing very well for well over seven months or so, had a relapse over the last day or so.

I feel dissapointed in myself, but dunno if i should or not.

I been doing very well for well over seven months or so, had a relapse over the last day or so.

Try to get a good night's sleep and start again the next day. Do something you know you'll enjoy that is low or preferably no pressure. For me it's playing a video game and reading for an hour before bed. The daily routine of work etc can really grind you down if you don't make time for yourself.

I felt myself slipping last week but I'm back on track now.

Going to the pub with some old work colleagues on Friday and I'm not dreading it. Anyone who has read some of my previous posts will know that this is progress for me.

I'm driving straight there after work so no pressure to drink either. Just a couple of hours and then home. I'm not turning it into something it isn't and blowing out of proportion this time.

Going to sound a bit hippy dippy this, but sit down alone when you get the chance and try to right down why / what happened.

Then take steps to stop it happening again ( whatever those reasons may be )

Don't beat yourself up mate, we wouldn't be human if we didn't slip every now and again.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back