Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

It depressed me a bit to be fair, she was nice and I meant it when I said I'd work on things but it made me feel so crap, it felt like a gentle telling off and who would enjoy that when you're still fairly new and putting pressure on yourself already? Hopefully tomorrow goes better.

That's a poor way to interpret it Paul. She's just doing her job and not trying to put pressure on you. Take it on board, try your best to resolve whatever issue it is and nobody can ask any more of you. You need to reach the right level of not giving an eff, and giving enough of an eff to be good at your job. It's a difficult balance and, if you struggle with it, err on the side of not giving an eff. Being good at your job is overrated.

That's a poor way to interpret it Paul. She's just doing her job and not trying to put pressure on you. Take it on board, try your best to resolve whatever issue it is and nobody can ask any more of you. You need to reach the right level of not giving an eff, and giving enough of an eff to be good at your job. It's a difficult balance and, if you struggle with it, err on the side of not giving an eff. Being good at your job is overrated.

Cheers mate. Yeah I have a different perspective on it now, I wasn't upset with her I was upset with myself for not doing as well as I wanted too but I think I putting too much pressure on myself and it was showing to others. I took it to heart too much, I was feeling deeply insecure about how I was coming across because I wanted to prove myself as a good worker but unfortunately I got thrown in a bit too deep before I was ready. It's no big deal, the past week have passed without incident at all and I'm doing everything asked of me and acted professional. It's something I can absolutely do, I just felt very wounded at the time if that's the right way to phrase it. Thanks for the message. :)

Feel like I've accepted what's going on and getting things sorted out today. Been to the GP and talked about my past and for now avoided meds and try get back to some positives.

Went into the office reluctantly and had a laugh for the first time in a while which made me realise I don't need to keep hiding away it's not that bad of a place.

Also manage to sweet talk my boss in giving me a different company car as mine had run it's time and ended up with one fresh of a transporter which is a nice little kick.

Time to get myself back into gear and avoid the booze until the end of the month when I go Oktoberfest with work.

Feel like I've accepted what's going on and getting things sorted out today. Been to the GP and talked about my past and for now avoided meds and try get back to some positives.

Went into the office reluctantly and had a laugh for the first time in a while which made me realise I don't need to keep hiding away it's not that bad of a place.

Also manage to sweet talk my boss in giving me a different company car as mine had run it's time and ended up with one fresh of a transporter which is a nice little kick.

Time to get myself back into gear and avoid the booze until the end of the month when I go Oktoberfest with work.
Job sounds like you get to go out and about which I envy.

I am stuck on a phone, only 20 hours a week but still. It's on a dialler and it doesn't stop ringing people. Offering them free boilers which they never qualify for.

It's awful. Manager is a chav. Women there are back stabbers. Everyone doing lines inbetween shifts! Meh.

I am stuck on a phone, only 20 hours a week but still. It's on a dialler and it doesn't stop ringing people. Offering them free boilers which they never qualify for.

It's awful. Manager is a chav. Women there are back stabbers. Everyone doing lines inbetween shifts! Meh.

I used to work with actors too mate. They suck!!

In all seriousness, look for another job if it's making you unhappy. I appreciate itseasier said than done x

It's good and bad being out and about, you spend a lot of alone time in hotel rooms and I'm my own worse enemy, I was drinking heavily to pass the boredom etc. Some perks are boss and some times it's rubbish.

For me I need to cut the travelling down a lot whilst I try and get a grip on feeling low,lonely and lost. It's hard enough trying to live in a city far away from everyone you know and everything you know and then spend your week in other cities just as lost.

Sounds like you need a change of job mate, remove an aspect of negative and try do something more productive. If you want me to have a look over your cv and help tidy things up for you to get out the rut of your job let me know. I've done about 10 interviews over the last 2 weeks and seen some brilliant and some poor examples of cvs and how to approach interviews.

Glad I've been able to help. How are you feeling now, any better? Did you relax today?

Yes I visited my mum and she made me lunch. I relaxed there and wife picked me up and we both watched a movie together. My son made me smile too so it's turned into a better day :)
It's good and bad being out and about, you spend a lot of alone time in hotel rooms and I'm my own worse enemy, I was drinking heavily to pass the boredom etc. Some perks are boss and some times it's rubbish.

For me I need to cut the travelling down a lot whilst I try and get a grip on feeling low,lonely and lost. It's hard enough trying to live in a city far away from everyone you know and everything you know and then spend your week in other cities just as lost.

Sounds like you need a change of job mate, remove an aspect of negative and try do something more productive. If you want me to have a look over your cv and help tidy things up for you to get out the rut of your job let me know. I've done about 10 interviews over the last 2 weeks and seen some brilliant and some poor examples of cvs and how to approach interviews.
Thanks mate. My CV is actually quite boss and I consider myself very good in interviews. My issue is that I apply for crap telesales jobs that I know I will definitely land instead of going for something a little more 'me'.

Yes I visited my mum and she made me lunch. I relaxed there and wife picked me up and we both watched a movie together. My son made me smile too so it's turned into a better day :)

Thanks mate. My CV is actually quite boss and I consider myself very good in interviews. My issue is that I apply for crap telesales jobs that I know I will definitely land instead of going for something a little more 'me'.

Sounds like you've had a boss day mate keep going.

Instead of looking for bad telesales jobs why not look into part time customer service roles. You'll be more than suited and the fact you're not pestering to sell to old people and they're phoning you for help could make work a little more enjoyable.

Good to hear mate. Chin up, blips happen but we need our friends help us get back on our feet. :)

A friend just posted this, elsewhere. Thought it salient.

For those of you out there that are suffering silently with a mental illness, did you know that if you text 07725909090 when you are feeling really depressed, a crisis counsellor will text with you? Many people don't like talking on the phone and find it difficult to open up to friends and family. Some people would be more comfortable texting. It's a service run by Samaritans.
Please copy, paste and pass on. You never know who might be needing it... #ItsOkNotToBeOk

A friend just posted this, elsewhere. Thought it salient.

For those of you out there that are suffering silently with a mental illness, did you know that if you text 07725909090 when you are feeling really depressed, a crisis counsellor will text with you? Many people don't like talking on the phone and find it difficult to open up to friends and family. Some people would be more comfortable texting. It's a service run by Samaritans.
Please copy, paste and pass on. You never know who might be needing it... #ItsOkNotToBeOk

That's excellent.

Could we bookmark that ?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back