Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

I should start an account with dreary status updates and crushing reality checks so you'll feel like your life is far better come the end of my timeline.

Or you could just head into the Ale House and read my posts, same thing.

I saw an advert the other night for Currys PC World. It starts with a mum and dad telling their children that they want them to understand the true meaning of Christmas. They go on to say something along the lines of no presents this year kids this year etc. The kids look mortified until the parents burst out laughing and take them to buy a 60 inch TV. I know it's meant to be slightly toungue in cheek but it does demonstrate how distorted some people's values are.

I saw an advert the other night for Currys PC World. It starts with a mum and dad telling their children that they want them to understand the true meaning of Christmas. They go on to say something along the lines of no presents this year kids this year etc. The kids look mortified until the parents burst out laughing and take them to buy a 60 inch TV. I know it's meant to be slightly toungue in cheek but it does demonstrate how distorted some people's values are.

The Ghost of Christmas future should swoop in with a handful of final demand bills at that point, quickly followed by the Can't pay we'll take it away lads.

First home game I’ve missed for many many years except when I sourced overseas for a year. Even went to the freezing cold dead rubber watch the kids v bate borisov. Just embarrassing. Unsworth hasn’t got a clue and I keep thinking it can’t get any worse..........but guess what....

Today I was signed off work for two weeks, due to work related stress with was causing me depression. Watching Everton is really not helping my current state of mind (n)

Absolutely hate it mate, If it wasn't for the kids I'd make no effort at all. I quite often leave any family events earlier than anyone else and have even come home and spent Christmas night on my own quite a few times, I'll no doubt make my excuses and do the same again this year as well.
My family doesn’t really do the gathering stuff. Her ones do as standard and I’m known as being odd as I’m not comfortable.

The best bit of the big Boxing Day gathering is that I can walk home for Everton radio and listen to the game in peace.

All about finding the right place in your head.

I am a very irregular contributor on here but thought I should share a little. A couple of months ago I got diagnosed with ball cancer. After the treatment, I today got the all clear. Best day of my life and in a joyous turn of events I have been drinking to celebrate with my missus on a random thursday afternoonn. The last couple of months have been horrendous. This forum (not just this thread) helped me get through a very difficult time. Sometimes there is nothing better to keep your mind on track than worrying that perhaps a man from burnley you think is the next bobby moore (see what i did there) may have a while to go before he is the finished article (though I think he will be). Either way things have been pretty dark for me lately but thankfully I have come through and life is now brighter than it could ever have been before this. I just wanted to say I have no wisdom I can share but I do have experience of getting through a tough time so if anyone feels they need a chat or someone to rant at about how life can deal you a difficult hand then please do not hesitate to contact me. If nothing else I will be happy to explain how Keane will turn out to be a top centre back in time. And I dont want to be condesending or patronising but I would just say, its crap walking away from beautiful Goodison after watching a toffees defeat but my god, being there to bitch about it to your dad/kid/missus/mate is a joy in itself and is a moment/memory to enjoy, even if its in hindsight because it sure as hell beats the alternative of not being there.

I am a very irregular contributor on here but thought I should share a little. A couple of months ago I got diagnosed with ball cancer. After the treatment, I today got the all clear. Best day of my life and in a joyous turn of events I have been drinking to celebrate with my missus on a random thursday afternoonn. The last couple of months have been horrendous. This forum (not just this thread) helped me get through a very difficult time. Sometimes there is nothing better to keep your mind on track than worrying that perhaps a man from burnley you think is the next bobby moore (see what i did there) may have a while to go before he is the finished article (though I think he will be). Either way things have been pretty dark for me lately but thankfully I have come through and life is now brighter than it could ever have been before this. I just wanted to say I have no wisdom I can share but I do have experience of getting through a tough time so if anyone feels they need a chat or someone to rant at about how life can deal you a difficult hand then please do not hesitate to contact me. If nothing else I will be happy to explain how Keane will turn out to be a top centre back in time. And I dont want to be condesending or patronising but I would just say, its crap walking away from beautiful Goodison after watching a toffees defeat but my god, being there to bitch about it to your dad/kid/missus/mate is a joy in itself and is a moment/memory to enjoy, even if its in hindsight because it sure as hell beats the alternative of not being there.

Love this. Can't imagine how difficult the entire experience must have been for you and your family, but absolutely fantastic that you've come out the other side.

All the best for the future. It's pretty easy to call someone inspiring but you really are mate - everyone who beats it is.

Love this. Can't imagine how difficult the entire experience must have been for you and your family, but absolutely fantastic that you've come out the other side.

All the best for the future. It's pretty easy to call someone inspiring but you really are mate - everyone who beats it is.

Cheers mate. I think I was just trying to express that win, draw or get battered, at least we have the utter joy of having the privelege of walking down Goodison Road and sharing the experience and regardless of the outcome you can still enjoy a beer and some chips!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back