Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

I have been toying with the idea of doing it for a few years but It's weird I am genuinely worried what they would think of me I know this is stupid .

Also when it comes to it I always end up thinking I will just try and deal with it myself.

Another big issue for me is what my family and friends would think of me if they found out I would be worried they would treat me differently or see me differently and walk on egg shells when I am around them I dunno.

Anyway sorry for going on but nice one I will look into GP

You're magnifying it into something it doesn't need to be pal.

Its like when you have an infection and you go the doctor to get antibiotics to fight it off. Sure you would eventually fight it off but it isn't pleasant and you want rid of it as quick as possible.

Same sort of thing. No one is going to treat you any different either. You don't even have to tell anyone mate. But I would say you do because its very common and normal amongst many adults to feel like you do.

So make the appointment and enjoy the first step to happier times. Sooner than waiting for it to sort itself.

Last edited:
I have been toying with the idea of doing it for a few years but It's weird I am genuinely worried what they would think of me I know this is stupid .

Also when it comes to it I always end up thinking I will just try and deal with it myself.

Another big issue for me is what my family and friends would think of me if they found out I would be worried they would treat me differently or see me differently and walk on egg shells when I am around them I dunno.

Thankfully most people have changed their attitudes on depression. You could well find far more support than you are expecting and talking about it - both to professionals or family/friends - seems to help a lot of sufferers.

After reading the recent posts I do feel likeI should go and see my gp.

I have been before and they wanted to set me up to speak to a person but I never got any phone call.so lost my trust in it.

I think the worst type of thing is when I amreally down and the feeling of no self worth and literal no enjoyment out of life anymore does make me think why because I have a good family and friends and it makes me feel selfish but also the acceptance of my own death, it only makes me hate nyselfn more which doesn't help but I just don't know what to do.
As @chicoazul said, don't hesitate in going to a GP that you are comfortable with and feel good in talking to. Find one that suits you. Talking to right person is always beneficial for all of us ;)

My hubby went through a similar bad patch as you seem to be going through mate - strange as it may seem it actually made our relationship stronger. With good treatment and regular exercise he is in a much happier place now, please reach out to both doctors and those close to you.
Great advice LL. ;)

Talking to someone is no shame. If anyone looks down at you it is their issue. Don't tell everyone. A good chat with someone you feel comfortable with will do you good as a starting point ;)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back