Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

I am very proud of all of you. Proud and grateful...

Keep going mate - remember one day at a time - too many thoughts possibilities etc will be whizzing through your mind. Let everything calm down be strong and see what happens. Try and talk things through ONLY if she seems rational and receptive to it. Sometimes they begin to realise a big hole in their lives and what real 'unhappiness ' is!! ( especially when the bins need putting out!! ) Good luck !

Keep going mate - remember one day at a time - too many thoughts possibilities etc will be whizzing through your mind. Let everything calm down be strong and see what happens. Try and talk things through ONLY if she seems rational and receptive to it. Sometimes they begin to realise a big hole in their lives and what real 'unhappiness ' is!! ( especially when the bins need putting out!! ) Good luck !
Great advice my man

Tough one today lads...really tough.

Just in limbo.

It's like existing in a hellish dream at times. Numb, but painful. Odd.

I'm worried I may crack soon. It's a mask I'm wearing right now, but by Christ it is slipping...

Just in limbo.

I'm worried I may crack soon. It's a mask I'm wearing right now, but by Christ it is slipping...
Yeah, those days come and go sadly mate. Keep focussed on your ultimate goal and do your best to avoid the grog on days like this. It's the last thing you need when you're low.

hey gang

part of an active Facebook TV show fan group. i didn't get a chance to respond, but someone expressed suicidal thoughts in the group and a lot of people replied offering support

but it got me thinking, what is the best thing to say in that situation? despite reading this thread and its excellent advice fairly often, I'm not sure i'd know what to say. think it's probably worth having in my armoury as you never know when you might need it. certainly didnt know what to say when i saw that post and i'd be terrified of saying the wrong thing if it was someone i knew

hey gang

part of an active Facebook TV show fan group. i didn't get a chance to respond, but someone expressed suicidal thoughts in the group and a lot of people replied offering support

but it got me thinking, what is the best thing to say in that situation? despite reading this thread and its excellent advice fairly often, I'm not sure i'd know what to say. think it's probably worth having in my armoury as you never know when you might need it. certainly didnt know what to say when i saw that post and i'd be terrified of saying the wrong thing if it was someone i knew
We always have said in here that the first step is to go and speak to a professional. If that person is expressing suicidal thoughts they need to go to speak to a professional immediately!! As a first step.

On top of that places like this also offer some advice and support. But never neglect going to speak to a professional first.

Just in limbo.

Mate, if you don't mind me asking, how is your little one with all that's happening?

Might be good to spend time with your child, give you something positive to be doing and will be beneficial to him/her.

Regardless, keep strong.

Thank you to everybody here for the last few days. It's all out in the open now and there is no going back. We're fine. It's amicable, but it is certainly over.

It's hard, but the support here has been fantastic and there are wise words from various people that will resonate with me for the next few weeks and months.

The bairn will be our primary concern. We'll make sure she isn't upset...as best we can.

Thank you all so much.

Thank you.

Thank you to everybody here for the last few days. It's all out in the open now and there is no going back. We're fine. It's amicable, but it is certainly over.

It's hard, but the support here has been fantastic and there are wise words from various people that will resonate with me for the next few weeks and months.

The bairn will be our primary concern. We'll make sure she isn't upset...as best we can.

Thank you all so much.

Thank you.

Mate - been there. Keep it amicable however hard. Get yourself into a new routine is my advice, so you don't feel in continual limbo and life does become bearable again. I have my lad 3 nights a week so I see him virtually every day try to do something similar she needs you too - not just her mum. This way it never feels so hard when he goes back as I know i will see him in a day or so try and avoid the every other weekend arrangement that is awful for dads. Then in your other nights/days do things to keep busy gym footy interest whatever just avoid wild nights out!! A couple in your local with a few good mates is enough. Routine keeps your head from being too messed up in a situation like this till you move on. You will eventually enjoy some time to yourself again - like me now on GOT without being nagged to do something!!!

Mate - been there. Keep it amicable however hard. Get yourself into a new routine is my advice, so you don't feel in continual limbo and life does become bearable again. I have my lad 3 nights a week so I see him virtually every day try to do something similar she needs you too - not just her mum. This way it never feels so hard when he goes back as I know i will see him in a day or so try and avoid the every other weekend arrangement that is awful for dads. Then in your other nights/days do things to keep busy gym footy interest whatever just avoid wild nights out!! A couple in your local with a few good mates is enough. Routine keeps your head from being too messed up in a situation like this till you move on. You will eventually enjoy some time to yourself again - like me now on GOT without being nagged to do something!!!
Brilliant advice mate

Thank you all so much.

Thank you.
Ok mate. And Thank You for staying with us & keeping us posted. Sad as it is, the clarity will give you some peace of mind I guess.

Big Bob has given you sound advice from experience. Through sheer blind luck, I have no experience in this aspect of relationships.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back