Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

My dog just been put to sleep on my knee

Heartbroken bye skip x
Sorry to hear that mate, you can know it is the best thing for them yet still feels like hell.

When we've said goodbye to our pets I've found it theraputic to go through old photos/videos and have a laugh (and a cry) at their past antics, helped me remember them in a different context than being ill with the vet. RIP Skip.

My dog just been put to sleep on my knee

Heartbroken bye skip x
Sorry to hear mate.

I've never had my own dog, but for a year I looked after a Labrador guide dog puppy before it went off to guide dog school. I've never been so upset in my life that on the day she left, she was very much like a friend, so I can only imagine what you're feeling is what I felt but multiplied by 10.

Sorry to hear that mate, you can know it is the best thing for them yet still feels like hell.

When we've said goodbye to our pets I've found it theraputic to go through old photos/videos and have a laugh (and a cry) at their past antics, helped me remember them in a different context than being ill with the vet. RIP Skip.
Thanks . I took loads of pics and a few videos. Going to kip on the couch . Can't stand the living room being empty without him today.

I don't know what you guys usually share in here (cant be bothered to read all atm).

Anyway, as I learned the hard way:
If yourself, your family and your friends health are ok, you'll be fine. There are ups and downs though, as with life in general.

I am struggling to see all "normal" problems(losing your job, losing a girlfriend) as we have had way other issues with serious disease and deaths for the past few years in our closest family.

I know this seems harsh, and are experienced real, and I don't mean to disrespect people with issues that are 100% real and painful as hell, but let's put life into context for a little bit:

2012: My mother is declared ill at age 61 (cancer)
2012: My girlfriend who just gave birth is declared ill (cancer)
2013: My mother dies on my sons 1st birthday
2014: My father dies after several years of lungdisease
2015: My wife is bearer of a gene that is 50% hereditary, and causes incresed cancer risk (i have 2 kids who has 50& chance to bear the same gene)

I really don't mean to disrespect other problems/issues that causes depression, but from personal experience I would say that things could always get worse (sick children f.ex). I just felt like sharing on here anonymous, as the past few years have been a few ups, and a lot of downs.
But we are still standing....

Fact: Life is beautiful (it's all in the details :) ) but it can be tough as hell.
I don't know how we manage, but we do. But it is not at all painless.
Take comfort in the fact that life is just a series of beautiful moments.

Let's collect one on Sunday against City! COYB!

I don't know what you guys usually share in here (cant be bothered to read all atm).

Anyway, as I learned the hard way:
If yourself, your family and your friends health are ok, you'll be fine. There are ups and downs though, as with life in general.

I am struggling to see all "normal" problems(losing your job, losing a girlfriend) as we have had way other issues with serious disease and deaths for the past few years in our closest family.

I know this seems harsh, and are experienced real, and I don't mean to disrespect people with issues that are 100% real and painful as hell, but let's put life into context for a little bit:

2012: My mother is declared ill at age 61 (cancer)
2012: My girlfriend who just gave birth is declared ill (cancer)
2013: My mother dies on my sons 1st birthday
2014: My father dies after several years of lungdisease
2015: My wife is bearer of a gene that is 50% hereditary, and causes incresed cancer risk (i have 2 kids who has 50& chance to bear the same gene)

I really don't mean to disrespect other problems/issues that causes depression, but from personal experience I would say that things could always get worse (sick children f.ex). I just felt like sharing on here anonymous, as the past few years have been a few ups, and a lot of downs.
But we are still standing....

Fact: Life is beautiful (it's all in the details :) ) but it can be tough as hell.
I don't know how we manage, but we do. But it is not at all painless.
Take comfort in the fact that life is just a series of beautiful moments.

Let's collect one on Sunday against City! COYB!
Wow mate. Thanks for sharing your story. You are right. Life , as beautiful as it can be, can also be tough as hell.
I hope your misfortune can be of assistance to at least one, if not many, in here.
Your attitude seems to be great despite what you are all battling there. Hope you stay around in here and share, chat, help.

God Bless my man.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back