Do we want Pienaar anymore?

Do you want Pienaar to play for us again?

• Yes

Votes: 74 84.1%
  • No

Votes: 14 15.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, he has to be committed to the side... None of this half-@ssed sh1t!
I would still have him if this is the case... Otherwise: Adious Senor Peanut!

Stupid question? Who says we're a better side when he's in the team? Let's take Pienaar out and bring in DiMaria, or perhaps Oezil, or let's go totally wild and bring in Iniesta or Fabregas. Are we still a better team with him in it? All I asked was do people 'want' him back.

Folks forget that until Arteta was injured Pienaar was hit and miss. He had a good finish to that season which raised a few eyebrows. Last season, he blew hot and cold during the first half, yet still got player of the season.

He's a great player, but he isn't irreplaceable, and if we really could get £15m plus for him, there are a LOT of players I would rather have in our team. We are a poor club in comparison to others, and he knows it, yet wants more and more, just like all the other greedy little sods in the game.

For me, he can do one, and so can ANY other player that is 'not commited' to Everton Football Club.

Wow, really?

It's the old "Short Term Memory" issue that for some reason, only Evertonians have.

Ok, for all of you that are suffering with this deadly affliction, let me see if I can help you all out. When Peanuts was missing last season, we had nothing. No creativity, no attacking intent, nothing. When he came back, it was like we were a different team. Yeah, sure Arteta coming back and adding Donovan made a difference too but Pienaar being out really affected our club.

I don't understand why supporters are so ready to get shut of him. I really don't.

I see names bandied about as possible replacements but COME ON !!! This is Everton we're talking about. Half of what you THINK might come here won't and the other half will cost more and even then we're not guaranteed of performance.

With Peanuts, we know what we're getting, he fits into the squad, and he makes a difference for us when he's out on the pitch for us.

This one's a no-brainer. Get him signed for reasonable wages on par with the other top earners in the club.

He's away on a family holiday in Maritius at the min, but i work with a lad who lives around the corner from him who say's his house is completely empty and his 2 cars have gone off the drive. You would not empty your house to go on holiday, surely

Statements like this only carry clout if your first 2 names are 'Little Curly...'

Wow, really?

It's the old "Short Term Memory" issue that for some reason, only Evertonians have.

Ok, for all of you that are suffering with this deadly affliction, let me see if I can help you all out. When Peanuts was missing last season, we had nothing. No creativity, no attacking intent, nothing. When he came back, it was like we were a different team. Yeah, sure Arteta coming back and adding Donovan made a difference too but Pienaar being out really affected our club.

I don't understand why supporters are so ready to get shut of him. I really don't.

I see names bandied about as possible replacements but COME ON !!! This is Everton we're talking about. Half of what you THINK might come here won't and the other half will cost more and even then we're not guaranteed of performance.

With Peanuts, we know what we're getting, he fits into the squad, and he makes a difference for us when he's out on the pitch for us.

This one's a no-brainer. Get him signed for reasonable wages on par with the other top earners in the club.

Bill,
I felt you should have loked at the 'whole' post, as opposed to concentrating on the first sentence. That's normally how things are done in the post reading style that 'only Evertonians have'. :)

My point was 'not' we were better without him in the side, but if he was replaced by a 'better' player, such as Di Maria, Iniesta, Fabregas etc etc ..... but you knew that ... didn't you? :)

You'll be surprised how much Everton fans recall the contributions of Everton players, but thanks for the reminder regardless. ;)

Would love to see him in an everton jersey again. I do believe that he'll struggle this season initially with the form cos of the wc and that tiredness.

Bill,
I felt you should have loked at the 'whole' post, as opposed to concentrating on the first sentence. That's normally how things are done in the post reading style that 'only Evertonians have'. :)

My point was 'not' we were better without him in the side, but if he was replaced by a 'better' player, such as Di Maria, Iniesta, Fabregas etc etc ..... but you knew that ... didn't you? :)

You'll be surprised how much Everton fans recall the contributions of Everton players, but thanks for the reminder regardless. ;)

It wasn't directed to you even though I quoted your post. However I would be VERY surprised at how many Everton fans recall contributions of players.

It's unreal how many of our "supporters" forget player performances and spout "he can f&*k off or good riddance."

It's unbelievable really.

It wasn't directed to you even though I quoted your post. However I would be VERY surprised at how many Everton fans recall contributions of players.

It's unreal how many of our "supporters" forget player performances and spout "he can f&*k off or good riddance."

It's unbelievable really.

Normal behavior in this part of the world mate. No player is ever bigger than the club. At times like this players would do well to remember that.

He's away on a family holiday in Maritius at the min, but i work with a lad who lives around the corner from him who say's his house is completely empty and his 2 cars have gone off the drive. You would not empty your house to go on holiday, surely

No the car usually goes to the airport with you, and the other in the garage, how does he know his house is empty? from what i remember Stevie lives in Aigburth/mossley hill way, i used to live round the corner from Le Tallec/Pongolle in the Park where Pieman lives does he not?

same, would definatlty choose mikel over Piernaar anyday, but we are on the verge of being a strong team and being real contenders for a top position all we need to do is sign on a class act, (such as donovan) or similar and we would be settled.

do i want him to stay NO, no player is bigger than this club
do we need him YES, with the money we have it will be hard to
find a player with the skills etc, [partnership with baines on the left
so for that reason only ive voted yes, even though i said no.

not sure if it's been posted, just found this on the net,

Arteta & Pienaar set to sign new deals
We might have feared the worst, but the British press believe Everton will be keeping hold of Steven Pienaar and Mikel Arteta.

The News Of The World have reported that Arteta will snub a possible £12million move to Aston Villa, in a bid to show his loyalty to Everton.

The 28-year-old's contract at Goodison expires in 12 months time and talks had reportedly stalled over an extension.

But the Sunday paper believes he will soon commit his future to Everton.

The Daily Star, which has also been picked up by the Mirror, believe that Steven Pienaar will sign a £55,000-a-week deal which will make him the highest-paid player in the club's history according to the tabloid.

The news of true will disappoint Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp who has apparently had two bids already rejected.

However who cares about them! This is hopefully great news for us, especially after the comments that have been accredited to Pienaar's agent over the last couple of months!

YES, it's paper talk.. lets just hope its true, come on pienaar lad sort it out & YOU MIKEY, not sure of the date may be old news dont know,

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.