• Yes

• No

• Pedigree, chum

Results are only viewable after voting.
Step 1. Outlaw breeding until every rescue centre is empty
Step 2. You need a license and background check to own a dog
Step 3. ????
Step 4. Profit
This is a genuinely good answer. I would support this being made law.

As an aside though, have you seen how many Staffies there are in rescue at the moment? Such a shame so many people rushed out to get lockdown puppies and did zero research beforehand.

Back in the day, they had "Turnspit dogs" which was a short-legged dog in a suspended hamster wheel which would power the spit to turn the roast. I think they all died of indoor air pollution + exhaustion.

Turnspit_Dog_Working.jpg

This is a genuinely good answer. I would support this being made law.

As an aside though, have you seen how many Staffies there are in rescue at the moment? Such a shame so many people rushed out to get lockdown puppies and did zero research beforehand.
Mad isn't it. Just thinking getting a dog is not going to alter your life in any way. We got a rescue staff and its awful that the place we got him from was full of them. Amazing dogs but they need so much attention

Yes, Jack Terrier/ and Chihuahuas scran loads of kids and pensioners, mate.

Take your peculiar need for contrarianism to another thread while we discuss this serious matter please friend. I shan’t reply to you in here no more.
Oops sorry, really slipping today, a mistake there (plus another if you count respoding to by far, the best Wummer on GOTlove your work btw ).
I forgot to play the traditional GOT 'cop out / get out of jail' card to prevent giving offence to those who might be OUTRAGED! (faux or otherwise)
'Just sayin like.'

And yes I do deplore the fact that some idiot has 5 big dogs in a house in Vauxhall or that some wool in 'T'ellins has found a way to get round the so called Devil Dog rules...and that People die because of other people blatant disregard for the rules and regulations to help prevent these sort of attacks
While I'm deploring, I deplore the fact that those rules probably don't go far enough.

But taken to an extreme for illustrative purposes, I also find it amazing that some people are surprised in the slightest that if a person goes in a Tiger's cage they sometimes get attacked...it's an animal, It's a Tiger ffs.
And, as often happens...Dogs, just like fans chasing footballers cars - the few spoil it for the many.
Go instead to the source.
The greedy stupid breeders (the people not the actual dogs) save your Ire for them and the wishy washy politicians that frame loose, ineffective laws and sometimes through no fault of their own, those tasked with enforcing what laws there are.

just sayin like.

Everything's either a pedigree or 'crossbreed' as well.

What happened to a good old fashioned mongrel? I guess all those dog lovers just can't get enough of those misery and pain causing genetic defects.

Grew up with a mongrel, was my brothers dog then became mine.
Never a more loyal dog has walked Swanside.
Broke my young heart when he passed away. I'll have a dog again and I'll be looking for my next 'Lucky'.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back