2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goal was reminiscent of Duncan I thought.
Agreed. Or Cahill.

_44463606_header2.jpg

Well done lad, comes on & changes the game with a glorious headed goal...

Big hopes for DCL has a great attitude plays for the team & always got a goal in him...

Believe he is our top goalscorer this season...

siggy has 5 ( 4 in the league )
richarlison has 4 in the league
DCL has 4 ( 2 in the league )

so he's 3rd

i get you don't like him but seriously?
the lad has continually improved since he came here, if like vic he stagnates then fair enough,
however you can't deny he's got better?
He scores a decent amount and contributes, what more do you want from the lad? and can you suggest a replacement of his age, thats gettable, will contribute more, and be happy to be rotation?
Tosun, the 27 year old £25+mill striker on big wages, niasse, 28, 15 mill and biggish wages.....against dcl 21, 1.5 mill and low wages,

This is what gets me, why do we have to suggest a replacement OF HIS AGE? Currently none of our strikers are good enough, I don’t mind Tuson and think given chances he will finish them, but of our front 4 the other 3 are of a very good standard. Why can’t we just sign a decent striker? He doesn’t have to be 21, he has to be good enough that’s all. We have richy that’s 21? Bernard who is coming into his prime, siggy that’s in his prime and Walcott who in a few season will be past it. Richy won’t wait around forever and neither will Bernard if we don’t progress. By the time DCL is ready , if he ever is, Walcott will need replacing , siggy will be 30-31 and if Bernard and richy play well they will most likely be gone. We have lookman, Walcott, Bernard, siggy, richy to compete behind the striker , we need a decent striker now not in 3 years time. DCL isnt good enough and I doubt he ever will be , but assuming he is and it takes him until he’s 24 , we will then have a problem of having to replace the 3 players behind him and the cycle continues.

He’s very much like Pickford in that he seems assured of what he can offer to the team and his own abilities.

It’s a shame he hasn’t had a full season of banging them in at championship level to boost confidence....but that isn’t always the answer - look at Abraham.

He will he just fine as a rotation player for now - guaranteed he gets 10 goals a year playing small role.

I`m with @Nymzee on this one.

Would look much better at Norwich.
Tractor country give credit where its due a superb header - he is a centre forward not a winger end of........
rated in the prem top ten fastest players - he has time to develop yet .....
fans stated the same about Joe Royle it took him 12 months to settle into the team.......

Tractor country give credit where its due a superb header - he is a centre forward not a winger end of........
rated in the prem top ten fastest players - he has time to develop yet .....
fans stated the same about Joe Royle it took him 12 months to settle into the team.......

Don`t believe the hype Joey.

End of ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back