2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what gets me, why do we have to suggest a replacement OF HIS AGE? Currently none of our strikers are good enough, I don’t mind Tuson and think given chances he will finish them, but of our front 4 the other 3 are of a very good standard. Why can’t we just sign a decent striker? He doesn’t have to be 21, he has to be good enough that’s all. We have richy that’s 21? Bernard who is coming into his prime, siggy that’s in his prime and Walcott who in a few season will be past it. Richy won’t wait around forever and neither will Bernard if we don’t progress. By the time DCL is ready , if he ever is, Walcott will need replacing , siggy will be 30-31 and if Bernard and richy play well they will most likely be gone. We have lookman, Walcott, Bernard, siggy, richy to compete behind the striker , we need a decent striker now not in 3 years time. DCL isnt good enough and I doubt he ever will be , but assuming he is and it takes him until he’s 24 , we will then have a problem of having to replace the 3 players behind him and the cycle continues.
every top club should have a younger striker on the fringes....it's generally supposed to be mid twentys to early thirties experienced pros leading the line

every top club should have a younger striker on the fringes....it's generally supposed to be mid twentys to early thirties experienced pros leading the line

When we are a top club that’s great, we need better players now, Tuson is good for backup but he should be 3rd choice really. We need a decent striker badly

we'd easily get 30 mil from him from someone like Southampton or Burnley

I'd rather take the money now than have him rot on the bench and lose value

we are going to be buying better players than him in the near future so makes sense to cash in now whilst we can and he's still scoring

I'm a fan. Must be a pain to defend against, because he can hold the ball up well, and run in behind. Does need to work on his finishing but will play a vital role in our squad for years to come I reckon. A much better option than Niasse at this stage. Hopefully he can gain a little bit of confidence in front of goal and then he will be a real player

we'd easily get 30 mil from him from someone like Southampton or Burnley

I'd rather take the money now than have him rot on the bench and lose value

we are going to be buying better players than him in the near future so makes sense to cash in now whilst we can and he's still scoring

Or we could wait until we have better options ourselves giving the lad time to improve in the mean time as his value will only increase for the next few years.

And then when we do have better if DCL isn’t worth keeping around then we get rid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back