2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't matter who we play up front - DCL, Tosun or Kean, they all end up being stranded. We don't create enough chances. Of the 3 I think DCL is the fastest and the best header of the ball - and normally the most committed (although Tosun tries). Theo gets a lot of stick - but he IS quick, and I think that if we kept with Richi, DCL and Theo, we would at least have a pacey attack. We need to keep rotating Kean in the same way that city do with jesus and Liverpool do with Origi, and accept that this is a good and normal - until such time as he is good enough. Then we need players who can play good through balls - Delph, Gomez and occasionally Siggy and Davies (but 2 are injured and the other two are right off form)

Davies has played 8 successful through-balls in his Everton career to date. 8.

It doesn't matter who we play up front - DCL, Tosun or Kean, they all end up being stranded. We don't create enough chances. Of the 3 I think DCL is the fastest and the best header of the ball - and normally the most committed (although Tosun tries). Theo gets a lot of stick - but he IS quick, and I think that if we kept with Richi, DCL and Theo, we would at least have a pacey attack. We need to keep rotating Kean in the same way that city do with jesus and Liverpool do with Origi, and accept that this is a good and normal - until such time as he is good enough. Then we need players who can play good through balls - Delph, Gomez and occasionally Siggy and Davies (but 2 are injured and the other two are right off form)

They look stranded because they've been/are hopeless. Tosun and DCL are so poor on the ball a success story is that they control a pass and lay it off. That is just a dream for an opposition defender.

Look at Firmino for their final goal last night. Could you ever imagine one of our front 3 doing anything like that at all? Mane terrifies defences because he can go either way with the ball and has variety in his game. Our forwards' best quality is that they run around a bit sometimes. Like chalk and cheese when compared with other strikers in the league.

Last edited:

He had 22 touches of the ball last night and made 6 total passes of the ball

4 touches inside the box. The majority out wide.

All 6 of his passes were made out wide. Oh and only 4 of them went to an Everton player.

Did anyone else see, Silva blanked him when he took him off? I know he's not the best player in the world, but he was up against the best centre back in the world at the moment. He gave his usual 100%, its not his fault he was picked. Silva should of at least acknowledged his effort.

I agree he isn't good enough for the Premier League at the moment, but he wasn't anywhere near our worst player tonight.
What do you want Silva to do mate, give him a rimming on the sideline, I would have blanked him too, or screamed at him for not pulling his finger out more likely

My jaw hit the ground when I saw him starting in an unchanged team. Utterly baffling. That performance from him against Leicester was one of the worst I've ever seen from a striker for us. Was that the players' reward for a battling defeat against the mighty Leicester City?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back