2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Davies has played 8 successful through-balls in his Everton career to date. 8.
I remember one. The one to Walcott a couple of weeks ago that I could have played because there was 40 yards of space to deliver it into, but loads of people made videos of and said if Messi had done it we'd never hear the end of it.

All rolled into one.

Seriously though, I know this sounds ridiculous but he actually plays quite well. It's so amazingly stupid that he can't just put the ball in the net.

Mate he’s cack and I have said it from day one and got dogs abuse on here for my point of view. He has no stand out qualities that make him worth persevering with imo and he should have been sold a couple of years ago to another club that thought he had “ potential”

Mate he’s cack and I have said it from day one and got dogs abuse on here for my point of view. He has no stand out qualities that make him worth persevering with imo and he should have been sold a couple of years ago to another club that thought he had “ potential”

Yeah I think there's something wrong with us now that our U23 players with potential are not turning into established PL players. With the track record we have at producing good ones up to U23, it's a wonder nobody has made it to regular first team football

3ihhr3.jpg

Yeah I think there's something wrong with us now that our U23 players with potential are not turning into established PL players. With the track record we have at producing good ones up to U23, it's a wonder nobody has made it to regular first team football

The jump is so massive from U23 to prem that I don’t think many players come through anywhere. Chelsea have a few now and I tired went years with nobody coming through. City havnt the RS have TAA and that’s all I can think of. I think it’s just the standard of the league that’s improved , westham used to produce a lot but don’t anymore , saints had an amazing academy and produced a lot of prem level players back in the day. The thing with our young players is I havnt seen anything in them to make me think “the have something” Barkley was the last one that looked special or had something different. Lookman showed it in flashes but players like DCL9 have shown no actually skill or anything special to warrant so much game time imo. He has got to where he is because of his physique, that’s it and although he trains , growing and being able to run fast aren’t exactly “skills” or things you learn , he’s just born that way and the actual learning and application of skills is what you need to be good. Davies is kind of the other end of the spectrum in he has made it to the level he is at despite the fact he isn’t blessed physically , I mean he’s not short but he’s not fast, imposing , strong or powerful. He’s made it through his skills but he’s probably not going to be a player that is good enough for a top half prem team imo. He’s like another osman that will get bypassed by the pace and power of other midfields and he doesn’t have the quality around the box like osman did or his knack of scoring . Barkley seemed to be the perfect blend , but like Rooney , Barkley had height, strength , pace , power and had great touch and shot with both feet but he unfortunately had the IQ of a rocking horse so he never kicked on.

The jump is so massive from U23 to prem that I don’t think many players come through anywhere. Chelsea have a few now and I tired went years with nobody coming through. City havnt the RS have TAA and that’s all I can think of. I think it’s just the standard of the league that’s improved , westham used to produce a lot but don’t anymore , saints had an amazing academy and produced a lot of prem level players back in the day. The thing with our young players is I havnt seen anything in them to make me think “the have something” Barkley was the last one that looked special or had something different. Lookman showed it in flashes but players like DCL9 have shown no actually skill or anything special to warrant so much game time imo. He has got to where he is because of his physique, that’s it and although he trains , growing and being able to run fast aren’t exactly “skills” or things you learn , he’s just born that way and the actual learning and application of skills is what you need to be good. Davies is kind of the other end of the spectrum in he has made it to the level he is at despite the fact he isn’t blessed physically , I mean he’s not short but he’s not fast, imposing , strong or powerful. He’s made it through his skills but he’s probably not going to be a player that is good enough for a top half prem team imo. He’s like another osman that will get bypassed by the pace and power of other midfields and he doesn’t have the quality around the box like osman did or his knack of scoring . Barkley seemed to be the perfect blend , but like Rooney , Barkley had height, strength , pace , power and had great touch and shot with both feet but he unfortunately had the IQ of a rocking horse so he never kicked on.

Never kicked on? He's won trophies and is an established international. Wtf

I see the potential of DCL, but maybe I'm football blind. Yesterday I think he gave the VVD a good fight, and should have had a penalty kick, as well as a red card for VVD. Then the match would have been completely different. He is one of PL's fastest players, wins the most arial duels of all strikers in PL, and has a good work ethic. Unfortunately, he is no natural finisher, but pair him up with Richarlison and Kean, and together they will create problems for most PL teams.

Never kicked on? He's won trophies and is an established international. Wtf

Never kicked on how we hoped I meant to say. He’s an established international is this the same England team that had Keane playing for them?

At 17-19 he was outstanding I mean really outstanding for his age and then he went backward when he was here despite having 5 different managers all with varying techniques trying to improve him.

I see the potential of DCL, but maybe I'm football blind. Yesterday I think he gave the VVD a good fight, and should have had a penalty kick, as well as a red card for VVD. Then the match would have been completely different. He is one of PL's fastest players, wins the most arial duels of all strikers in PL, and has a good work ethic. Unfortunately, he is no natural finisher, but pair him up with Richarlison and Kean, and together they will create problems for most PL teams.

For one of the leagues fastest players he never seems to be able to get past anyone or get on the end of any balls. I have read he is and believe so but he doesn’t use it properly. His movement and his lack of intelligent runs is just another massive flaw in his game

For one of the leagues fastest players he never seems to be able to get past anyone or get on the end of any balls. I have read he is and believe so but he doesn’t use it properly. His movement and his lack of intelligent runs is just another massive flaw in his game
That's a point. I have no good explanation, but one thesis may be that things are going too slowly with us in the transition phase. You have maybe 1-3 seconds before the opponent is in balance. We are struggling to take advantage of this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back