2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you’re right, and maybe it’s just that I want to see what we thought we were getting, but my million times comment was “as a long term prospect” and his two goals for Italy count towards that.

Honestly, I think DCL is a championship level player, at most.

Is he better than Branch or Jevons were? I’m gonna say no.

On the comparison, Branch had 1 under 21 cap and Jevons had none. DCL already has 17 with 7 goals and 14 at under 20 level where they won the World Cup. So even at early stages when all have been touted, he's already surpassed the two you mentioned. Athletically he's far superior to both as well. And he's already played more top flight games and scored more goals. Two strange names to pull out to compare against, a bit unfair on those two players.

I wonder how DCL would have done if he'd have had Tammy Abraham's development path. He's only about 6 months older than Abraham who looked poor at Swansea in a struggling side, dropped down again bagged a load of goals and now playing with good players putting chances on a plate is banging them in. Everton do not put chances on a plate.

Going by that it doesn't bode well for Kean either, a lone striker feeding off scraps, asked to run channels, hold the ball up and close down any defender with the ball. The system will make any striker look worse than they are. I really hope Kean becomes a superstar for Everton, but I also think DCL is a better player than we've seen the last two games. Hope Moyes doesn't come in or neither will play, but I think either would benefit from playing as a two (with Richarlison maybe) rather than on their own.

in what universe does he play well?

you're right that is amazingly stupid

he has nothing to be a premier league striker, absolutely nothing.

The universe in which our young players actually turn out good, and potential becomes reality, and things actually work out for us sometimes.

The jump is so massive from U23 to prem that I don’t think many players come through anywhere. Chelsea have a few now and I tired went years with nobody coming through. City havnt the RS have TAA and that’s all I can think of. I think it’s just the standard of the league that’s improved , westham used to produce a lot but don’t anymore , saints had an amazing academy and produced a lot of prem level players back in the day. The thing with our young players is I havnt seen anything in them to make me think “the have something” Barkley was the last one that looked special or had something different. Lookman showed it in flashes but players like DCL9 have shown no actually skill or anything special to warrant so much game time imo. He has got to where he is because of his physique, that’s it and although he trains , growing and being able to run fast aren’t exactly “skills” or things you learn , he’s just born that way and the actual learning and application of skills is what you need to be good. Davies is kind of the other end of the spectrum in he has made it to the level he is at despite the fact he isn’t blessed physically , I mean he’s not short but he’s not fast, imposing , strong or powerful. He’s made it through his skills but he’s probably not going to be a player that is good enough for a top half prem team imo. He’s like another osman that will get bypassed by the pace and power of other midfields and he doesn’t have the quality around the box like osman did or his knack of scoring . Barkley seemed to be the perfect blend , but like Rooney , Barkley had height, strength , pace , power and had great touch and shot with both feet but he unfortunately had the IQ of a rocking horse so he never kicked on.

Lol IQ of a rocking horse
That's unfair to rocking horses around the world.
I wanted to love Barkley but ...

The universe in which our young players actually turn out good, and potential becomes reality, and things actually work out for us sometimes.

doesn't make any sense to me this

are you saying he going to turn out good?

once he leaves us which he will, it won't be for another PL club.

Please do this for Sig I’m desperate to see the anonymity.

It wasn't a pen. He was clean through with a good head start on van dijk and he bottled it completely, instead of going for goal he literally waited for van dijk to get back and challenge him.

This club will never achieve anything with this amateur as as number one choice.

There are more pressing things obviously right now,

But can I say about DCL - he's played enough matches now to be able to say it, but he is an AWFUL player.

A bog standard championship no hoper.

Quite why managers have persisted with him I don't know.

This club will never achieve anything with this amateur as as number one choice.

There are more pressing things obviously right now,

But can I say about DCL - he's played enough matches now to be able to say it, but he is an AWFUL player.

A bog standard championship no hoper.

Quite why managers have persisted with him I don't know.
Have you seen his tart ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back