2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've reconsidered my view of DCL and I think you're right mate.

He's utter pony. We should rip the arms off whichever mugs come in for him and reinvest in strikers who are genuinely feared or have a high potential ceiling.

For £80 million we could get in an experienced warhorse like Troy Deaney and someone like Tammy Abraham who could learn the ways of centre forward play from the wiley old stager. I also reckon we could maybe get that lad Robson-Kanu from West Brom. He'd be a real bargain, an experienced team striker. He'd help bring through Ellis Sims I reckon.

What you think?
Don't think the lunatic does sarcasm.

DCL scored in 13 Premier League games this season. Hardly 80m standard.

Woods scored in 10 PL Games
Bamford scored in 14 PL Games
Watkins scored in 11 PL Games

He’s just pretty crap at almost everything he does on the pitch, few decent moments and a lot of 6 yards tap ins. The over hype in here is ridiculous.
Pretty crap at everything he does? Sounds like a certain poster I know.

I've reconsidered my view of DCL and I think you're right mate.

He's utter pony. We should rip the arms off whichever mugs come in for him and reinvest in strikers who are genuinely feared or have a high potential ceiling.

For £80 million we could get in an experienced warhorse like Troy Deaney and someone like Tammy Abraham who could learn the ways of centre forward play from the wiley old stager. I also reckon we could maybe get that lad Robson-Kanu from West Brom. He'd be a real bargain, an experienced team striker. He'd help bring through Ellis Sims I reckon.

What you think?

Defo sell for 80m agree

shocking call mate on the rest though. If you like Troy Deeney that’s fair enough but not for me.

He’s just pretty crap at almost everything he does on the pitch, few decent moments and a lot of 6 yards tap ins. The over hype in here is ridiculous.
1621631516974.webp

One less than Son with a higher goals per minute, better goals per min and similar shot accuracy.

He has been quite isolated for quite a lot of the time. We have not had too many periods where we dominate the opposition so the chances created have been less than we would like. However he is good in the air and a combative forward that battles the CB’s.

He is not one who creates his own chances out of nothing, he is also not a tikka tikka player. His goals are all six yard area because Ancelotti told him to be in there.

As a team we struggle to get the ball over the half way line. That’s not a great basis to support a free scoring striker. In spite of that, he has put a fair few away. H has areas to improve, but he is a really good CF.

View attachment 127931

One less than Son with a higher goals per minute, better goals per min and similar shot accuracy.

I like Dom and I want him to stay but that shot accuracy thing is due to the fact he aims dead centre too often, giving the keeper a chance and is less likely to go for the corner of the goal, where it's possible to put it wide. So that stat is a bit misleading.

I would say these types of posts some up the word “ridiculous”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back