2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inappropriate Behaviour
@Carloblues it’s a good job he wasn’t rated over his last 5 months ey ?

player of the last 5 months award ?
Players player... over the last 5 months award ?

Crab
Statue
Bang average
Poor attitude

funny

You seem a bit unhinged mate?

It's ok it's just my opinion don't cry yourself to sleep over it you absolute fanny.

It's ok it's just my opinion don't cry yourself to sleep over it you absolute fanny.

It's ok it's just my opinion don't cry yourself to sleep over it

I’ve been trying to remember the last time I was called a fanny....

Still trying..,

primary or secondary I just can’t remember

He’s now being compared to the top scorers in the league and people are looking at what he’s missing from his game against world class strikers. Before Carlo arrived fans were wondering if he was premier league standard. A huge improvement from him and Carlo.

....what we don’t know is if he would’ve developed in this manner anyway. Some credit Duncan Ferguson & I note DCL says a game under DF was the most significant in his career.

I think the Ancelotti influence has been in his concentration on staying central & getting on the end of chances. It could be the most significant contribution.

i think DCL is almost a manufactured footballer. He has everything required physically in abundance. The great players have the quality required in abundance. The modern trait, almost Rodriguez in reverse.

....what we don’t know is if he would’ve developed in this manner anyway. Some credit Duncan Ferguson & I note DCL says a game under DF was the most significant in his career.

I think the Ancelotti influence has been in his concentration on staying central & getting on the end of chances. It could be the most significant contribution.

i think DCL is almost a manufactured footballer. He has everything required physically in abundance. The great players have the quality required in abundance. The modern trait, almost Rodriguez in reverse.
He has just turned 24 though.

Centre forwards of his type tend to hit their peak in their late twenties.

He’s now being compared to the top scorers in the league and people are looking at what he’s missing from his game against world class strikers. Before Carlo arrived fans were wondering if he was premier league standard. A huge improvement from him and Carlo.

It'll always happen when the team doesn't hit the objectives set at the start of the season. Fans will look to find reasons why and completely overestimate some. Some, albeit a minority, of fans would have told you with a straight face that Lukaku's touch was a genuine problem for us and that the team would be better off with Cenk Tosun up front because they were desperate for that viewpoint not to be proven wrong, which of course it was.

There are far more pressing concerns than DCL's weaknesses, obviously. Squad depth and quality being the main one. I don't think DCL is a top striker yet, but he's a set and forget in our XI for the time being because he's doing so much right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back