2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's something you can develop easily. I think we need to get really good players around him who create so he just concentrates on finding space.

It's why I think him and Richarlison don't complement each other. Both better off when they're having the chances provided for them than the other way round.

That won't work. We can't have everyone relying on others to do the hard work for them.

I personally do not like them as a dual strike force. The link up play has been dire at times.

That won't work. We can't have everyone relying on others to do the hard work for them.

I personally do not like them as a dual strike force. The link up play has been dire at times.

I agree. It doesn't work at all. Even carrying one striker who isn't great with the ball at his feet goes against what the top teams are doing.

Doesn't work hard enough, needs it putting on a plate for him to score and is terrible with one on one's. If he is still the leading striker next season we are not progressing
He will be the leading striker, I have absolutely no doubt of that. When you look at his record, it is improving and Lukakaside, is the best we have had in a long time.

What we need is some goals from midfield. We are easy to stop because there are no other threats for teams to worry about.

Doesn't work hard enough, needs it putting on a plate for him to score and is terrible with one on one's. If he is still the leading striker next season we are not progressing
Correct. When he got that chance yesterday, was there any doubt it was going straight at the keeper. Although we of course should keep him, if we really are serious about challenging the best, we need a much better No 9.

Needs a lot more support from his teammates because we can't just keep hitting and hoping like the last 10 games.

Next season I pray we add a winger and right back who can cross a ball because the overrelying on Digne is becoming so easy to defend against plus he hasn't really pulled up trees for a good while either.

All the best for the Euros x

If DCL got the ball in the position Aguero did for his first today, there is no chance he scores.
It has to be absolutely on a plate for DCL - he doesn’t score half chances and he doesn’t create chances for himself or others.

I don’t know why he’s absolutely guaranteed a starting place tbh.

I've said this before - a player that just scores the poacher half of Lewandowski's output is an asset to any squad. They're not going to start at a club in contention for the European Cup, but you'd make use of them. See: Chicharito.

He's guaranteed a starting place because you can't get a Lewandowski unless you develop one, or are in contention to lift the European Cup. If you develop one, you can't keep him unless you get into contention.

We have much bigger fish to fry in the squad right now.

I really enjoyed watching DCL throughout this season and he has a special type of play but like others have said, we need players that can consistently feed him chances. When he has the ball at his feet I am not too confident in him as I find him too slow and not very creative. I'm not sure he is the answer long turn but I guess he has his age going for him, maybe we will see some improvement to his game next season. Just my 2 cents.

He has done very well, has some great attributes, and does not need to be binned. He is somewhat limited in his all round play, isn't a great finisher, and so can sometimes have minimal impact for fairly large spells. Both of these things can be true, you don't have to be for or against him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back