2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Massively suffering from tiredness in last 5/6 games as well
For sure. Never regained his level of performances after that injury he got.

Not saying he’s the finished article and we don’t need another striker in. I just think he is the very least of our problems. His improvement over the past 18 months has been incredible.

Some of the sitters he’s missed he should of actually scored 20 this season.

Not saying he’s the finished article and we don’t need another striker in. I just think he is the very least of our problems. His improvement over the past 18 months has been incredible.

Yep totally agree, it’s been a remarkable rise for him and I was highly critical. It was the simple things, like his control which looked very assured a couple of months ago, was just bouncing off him. A clear sign of both mental and physical fatigue

Yep totally agree, it’s been a remarkable rise for him and I was highly critical. It was the simple things, like his control which looked very assured a couple of months ago, was just bouncing off him. A clear sign of both mental and physical fatigue
Doesn't bode well for the euros for him. Woman presenter on TS was talking about the understudy for Harry Kane and said even though DCL started the season in blistering form and scoring for fun he has dropped off drastically. Cannot disagree with that assessment.

He has improved this season slightly with 16 league goals compared to 13 last season but 11 of those goals were scored in the first 11 league games.
That is a purple patch and the worry is the only 5 goals in the latter 20 games. Arguments will be made about service (as usual) but you can see he cannot create for himself or even others. This is why we need another striker to push him all the way. His limitations can hold us back in many games and when this happens we are unable to change it. He may be tired because he has certainly lost his aggressive style that defenders used to hate.

It is a sad case that when DCL gets the ball outside the box we don't remotely expect anything except a lay off

Like I said his recent form does not bode well for euro selections.

We have bigger problems indeed. One of them is getting a squad fit and rested ready for next season in 10 weeks time. Another is new recruits for which we have to depend on our tried and trusty buying team who are renowned for their successful list of signings over the past few years. (I don't think).

Kane missed plenty. We will be lucky to keep hold of DCL and if we don't improve a lot next season he will be gone.

Doesn't bode well for the euros for him. Woman presenter on TS was talking about the understudy for Harry Kane and said even though DCL started the season in blistering form and scoring for fun he has dropped off drastically. Cannot disagree with that assessment.

He has improved this season slightly with 16 league goals compared to 13 last season but 11 of those goals were scored in the first 11 league games.
That is a purple patch and the worry is the only 5 goals in the latter 20 games. Arguments will be made about service (as usual) but you can see he cannot create for himself or even others. This is why we need another striker to push him all the way. His limitations can hold us back in many games and when this happens we are unable to change it. He may be tired because he has certainly lost his aggressive style that defenders used to hate.

It is a sad case that when DCL gets the ball outside the box we don't remotely expect anything except a lay off

He gets selected 100%

He'll be off to the Euro's. Guaranteed.

The problem with the argument that DCL dropped off because he didn't get the service in the second half of the season is the multitude of one-on-one misses he made even with the lack of service. He had enough service to comfortably break 20 goals. He's great in the air and I was impressed with his application this season - but we are going to need somebody reliable to stick the ball in the net on the ground when clean through. That's the next step for DCL, but can you learn ruthlessness if you don't naturally possess it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back