2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that he lost his intensity in the second half of the season.

Teams hated playing against him for the first 5 months and then he made it easy for them - probably down to being tired.

Was very over-used this season. Looked knackered back end. Shame the Euros are on as he needs a good breather.
He probably won’t get much of a run out tbf, if qualification is secured then he might start the Czech game like but I’m expecting Kane to play fully against Croatia and Scotland

No he hasn't. Sensationalist headline again. He expressly states he's happy at Everton and how hard he's worked to get the no. 9 shirt here. All he's said is that he wants to play CL football and win titles one day.

Nowt wrong with that.
He may as well have said he wants out because he’s not achieving those targets with us. He’s going to have to play a lot better than he did the second half of the season to achieve them too.

No he hasn't. Sensationalist headline again. He expressly states he's happy at Everton and how hard he's worked to get the no. 9 shirt here. All he's said is that he wants to play CL football and win titles one day.

Nowt wrong with that.
He will have to massively kick on again if he wants that, because he's miles away from being a CL player

He may as well have said he wants out because he’s not achieving those targets with us. He’s going to have to play a lot better than he did the second half of the season to achieve them too.
Not really. It's unlikely he will achieve that with us, but if he gives it another couple of years and we actually appoint well and get recruitment right for once, who knows?

I'd be concerned if he wanted out now as this team is awful and we can't afford to be losing any goals from it.

Also, he was pretty poor yes. But we stopped creating a decent number or chances later on in the season, and he also states what he needs to get better at in the article. And I think most of us would agree with what he has identified.

Nowt wrong with that.
Yup. Nothing wrong with what he’s said.

It’s up to the club to get things right on the pitch and convince our best players they can achieve CL football here.

Well if he'd have finished some of those chances against Palace/Sheff Utd etc at the end of the season, we might have got Champions league football. He was amazing for 5 months, then faded. Players who end up playing on the champions league do so because they do it week in, week out consistently. Richy, also take note....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back