2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only way imo DCL can improve further is by having world class players around him, so he ain’t going to improve here. Cash in if an offer comes in I say.

Yeah, higher standards in training, coaching, passing and no room for errors on the pitch. Would be good for him tbh. I thought he'd stay till he was 27-28 if we started to get into Europe and then go for one big move in his career - he seems like that kind of settled, grounded guy, but if we're in turmoil, I wouldn't blame him for leaving.

i'm bored of us not really supporting our best players - the younger ones especially. There's a big difference between criticising our players, to have a constructive, geeky, technical football debate, and trashing them for their 'behaviour', personal appearance, or any other flaws which we can't really see. We could have a lot of fun talking about his movement off the ball, his body shape when he shoots, coordination with Richarlison etc etc. Same with TD, Richarlison, Holgate, Godfrey etc.
Godfrey for instance, we tend to just support unconditionally, but he's got flaws too!

Wish we'd do the same for DCL and some others!

*runs away for 3 days*

What work rate? He doesn't move anymore. He doesn't press or disrupt defences at all anymore
Just a thought
Carlo made him remain as a poacher and reduce his work rate …. That’s not him becoming less of a player …. That’s him being a great professional and responding to coaching abs chipping in with 20 goals
Just a thought

Just a thought
Carlo made him remain as a poacher and reduce his work rate …. That’s not him becoming less of a player …. That’s him being a great professional and responding to coaching abs chipping in with 20 goals
Just a thought

Just a thought mate I didn't dispute Carlo changed his game, and it's worked no doubt.

But don't then use as a defence about how hard he works and gives defenders a hard time when infact he hasn't done that for 18 months.

I’m very positive about Everton.

I just don’t rate DCL. This is what you don’t understand. It’s called an opinion.
Everybody is entitled to an opinion.

But if your opinion is massively wrong you must surely also expect to be called out on it.

That's what is happening here.

And yet... here you are. Openly bragging about getting kicks over perceived irritation by strangers on the internet. Merely the other side of the coin my friend, there's no high ground for you here.

Back on topic, I'm hearing when DCL bags his debut hat-trick for Real he's gonna reveal a t-shirt saying "sniff it DL100".
I don’t need any high ground my friend. My opinion is my opinion.

Guess I’m never seeing that T-shirt then

Yourenot a scout clearly. But you can’t name one player that can come and score 20 goals a season for what we get for dcl.
If someone will pay 60m he is a top striker.
These strikers are rare. Ridiculous people want shot of him. Can bet your life if was playing for another club and we bought him, the whole forum would be creaming themselves.
if he was playing elsewhere and I’d seen as much of him as I have this season I wouldn’t want to sign him.

Bamford has as many Prem goals last season, Doesn’t mean we should sign him.

if he was playing elsewhere and I’d seen as much of him as I have this season I wouldn’t want to sign him.

Bamford has as many Prem goals last season, Doesn’t mean we should sign him.
You dont like, cant name anyone better we could get. WUM

He is a great player with potential to improve.

He can run the channels and put himself about if needed. He has changed his game to play more centrally and let others do the creating.

Great in the air and fast.

He has room to improve, but I see no reason why he cant. Reminds me a bit of Graham Sharp.

He is one to keep, definitely.

Status
Not open for further replies.