2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope if he stays either Frank can set a system up where they just support him.

Thing is I put up with years of him to have one very good season and I know he has injuries. Its very frustrating he hasn't kicked on. I said if he does another season lile that he as undisputedly made it as a proper everton number 9.

He will be holding out for Arsenal but i really dont see him going there.
Newcastle paid £30m for Chris Wood, so we will get a decent price for DCL

see my post above. DCL was called ut by carlo in the media for his failings. Carlo being a guy that never blames his players, that was something else.

We need to get rid of dcl. We need to buy the Haalands of this world. WHy wasnt our name mentioned in his transfer saga? We can pay 53 million and for his service, we can pay 350k a week. WHy else have a 500 mill new stadium when we keep on with bench players like dcl? And i mean becnh players just for the bench. He didnt get even one minute in teh england squad. Why doo we need him? Het gets outscored by Bmford of Leeds ffs. Useless is what he is.

Is this a wind up ?

I have no issues with Dom and if he had been fit and focused all season, a bit like Mina I don't think we'd be in the situation we're in but it is what it is. Regardless of whether we stay up or not we need to sell players and if Newcastle stump up £50-£60+ (He's been a consistent goal scorer in the league prior to this season, he's a young England Int and Ben White went for 50 million so it's not's a crazy valuation) then it's basically pure profit and give Lampard something to work with.

Telegraph article about Newcastle interested , but behind paywall, I would sell if decent offer as will be v good for ffp

Exclusive: Newcastle United to bid for Everton striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin this summer​

Calvert-Lewin one of Newcastle's top targets with Reims forward Hugo Ekitike also expected to join
12 May 2022 • 10:29am
Dominic Calvert-Lewin has missed a lot of football through injury this season Credit: Getty Images
Newcastle United will launch a bold bid to sign England international striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin now they are certain of a place in the Premier League next season.
Telegraph Sport can reveal that the Magpies have identified Calvert-Lewin as one of their priority targets this summer and have been encouraged to believe the player would like to make the move before the start of next season.
Reims forward Hugo Ekitike is also expected to join after a move for forward collapsed on deadline day in January when the player was reluctant to leave France so soon after breaking into the first team.
It remains to be seen whether Everton, who are still involved in a relegation battle following a goalless draw at Watford on Wednesday night, are willing to consider letting the centre forward leave.
Calvert-Lewin was once again used as a substitute in the draw at Vicarage Road, coming on in the 77th minute and has had injury problems this season.
But Newcastle’s interest in the player is long standing and he is someone manager Eddie Howe believes will upgrade his offensive options at St James’ Park.
Crucially, Calvert-Lewin, who is still just 25 years old, also fits into Newcastle’s recruitment strategy this summer, where they will look to sign young players to bring down the average age of an ageing squad.
Newcastle are willing to listen to offers for most of the older, fringe members of their squad with the likes of Matt Ritchie, Ciaran Clark, Karl Darlow, Fedrico Fernandez, Isaac Hayden, Jeff Hendrick and Dwight Gayle all able to leave at the end of the season if they can find another club.
The signing of a centre forward to compete with the injury prone Callum Wilson and January signing, Chris Wood, is the key part of Newcastle’s recruitment plans.
Although Brentford’s Ivan Toney, Arsenal’s Eddie Nketiah and Benfica’s Darwin Nunez are also on the club’s shortlist it is understood that Calvert-Lewin has moved to the top of that list and things could progress rapidly now that Newcastle know for sure they are safe from relegation.
The former Sheffield United striker was part of England’s European Championship squad last summer and was the main back up for captain Harry Kane.
But he has scored just three goals this season, all back in August. His campaign has been severely disrupted by injuries, but he has been fit since January and has still been in and out of the starting XI under manager Frank Lampard.
A move to a new club could be exactly what the player needs to galvanise his career and Newcastle will make a bid for him.
“With deals, we are mentally ready to go,” said Howe during a press conference to preview Monday night’s final home game of the season against Arsenal. “As in, there has been a lot of work from the recruitment team and myself to know what direction we want to go in.
“But with deals, as everyone knows, they are very unpredictable and you can never say we are going to bring players in early.
"When we do our business, if we do our business, well that’s a toss of a coin because you’re in the hands of the selling club. But we are going to be active and we will be working hard to improve the team.”