2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think so. He's clearly suffered a bad injury which has affected him as much mentally as it has physically. Not everything has to have hidden meaning under the surface.

I don't doubt his commitment for a second. It's a tough injury to recover from and if we can get him a goal or two before season ends, a summer and proper pre-season will do him good.
I hope I'm wrong and you are correct but it looks like the Barkley M.O. to me.

I don't think so. He's clearly suffered a bad injury which has affected him as much mentally as it has physically. Not everything has to have hidden meaning under the surface.

I don't doubt his commitment for a second. It's a tough injury to recover from and if we can get him a goal or two before season ends, a summer and proper pre-season will do him good.
A quad thigh injury is serious mate want to sell Gofrey as well?
As he has got the same injury?

Hope its Newcastle we sell to, bleed them for every penny & hope he continues to suffer with injuries
be great if we can manage 60/70mill for him, he has his strengths, hes not a great finisher at all though, we could find better out there.

Wouldn't shed a tear if he goes, but selling how to another club who are basically at the start of their own project to break into the top 6 really wouldn't be sensible. If they're serious then ask for a stupid fee like £60m, not like they can't afford that. If they won't pay well then sound see you later.

We can't be strengthening a rival, look at the mess Burnley landed themselves in for selling Wood to them. This would be the exact same.

Can't sell both him and Richarlison IMO. Replacing both would be difficult, no matter then money involved.

Think about how Thelwell and Lampard could use the funds.

If somehow we got £60mil for DCL and £25mil+ for Kean thats £85mil before looking at Richarlison, Pickford and the players the club wants to punt.

It would create a massive opportunity for a rebuild under a new DOF and I think Lampard would have alot of pull.

For me, i like DCL but theres risk attached to him.

Hope its Newcastle we sell to, bleed them for every penny & hope he continues to suffer with injuries
be great if we can manage 60/70mill for him, he has his strengths, hes not a great finisher at all though, we could find better out there.
You think we can get the same for DCL as what Citeh paid for Haaland?

Like who?

Be realistic

Id play him if we could guarentee crosses into him. If we dont i dont like the rest of his game that much. He doesnt stretch teams.
Digne was great for him so thats gone.

Yes, if not more.
That was a ridiculously low buy out clause, inserted to facilitate the move to Dortmund. There is no way in an open auction you would get less than £150m for him.
City could easily throw him straight up for sale and make a stack of cash.
Sorry not happening ... Your effectively putting him in the same class Jack Grealish. He's had his issues this season but that 100mil price tag has had a knock. Pep will get a tune out of him next season. He won't get that same tune from DCL that's for sure.

Sorry not happening ... Your effectively putting him in the same class Jack Grealish. He's had his issues this season but that 100mil price tag has had a knock. Pep will get a tune out of him next season. He won't get that same tune from DCL that's for sure.
Not really putting him with Grealish. We should get more than £50m for him. Big difference to £100m. Haaland is a special case, and not something anybody should compare anything to. Will we get silly money for dcl? No. But we should be aiming for more than the £40m mentioned. English, young, back up to Kane, in the England squad. That costs money. Plain and simple. In no way though are we ever going to get Geaalish money for himz and never did I suggest we would

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back