2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cash in, anything over 30m we’re laughing cos he is well over rated. At his best he was only scoring tap ins, never takes on a man, never makes long runs and scores, never scores from distance. There must be a young striker out there we can find or play Dele up there

There have been a ton of top level strikers who were not perfect but scored goals and were considered to be at the top of the game. Now and again you get that perfect striker but it is fairly rare.

No doubt we will sell him get a striker who can score from distance and run at players and then have people moan that there is nobody in the box when we get it wide.

If a player scores 20 tap ins a season then I want him to play as a goal from 1 yard is worth just as much as a screamer from 25 yards. It is a team game for a reason, you have 11 players and you try to play to all their strengths. If Calvert-Lewin is here next season, then we play with width and try to get it wide and get crosses in. We also play more direct balls to his head/chest and play off him.

I wouldn't lose any sleep if he is sold but I do see a decent player in there.

Last season he was unplayable at times.

Is Lampard going to play to his strengths of swinging in a lot of balls into the box - which is what he thrived on last season.

The whole team needs to cater to his style of play. I dont see Mykolenko out wide or Coleman (and he will still be here, make no mistake...and as a starter) supplying him with ammunition.

Is Lampard going to play to his strengths of swinging in a lot of balls into the box - which is what he thrived on last season.

The whole team needs to cater to his style of play. I dont see Mykolenko out wide or Coleman (and he will still be here, make no mistake...and as a starter) supplying him with ammunition.
I could see Myko doing it, but that relies on Gray passing him the ball occasionally instead of ignoring his countless overlaps.

Wouldn't shed a tear if he goes, but selling how to another club who are basically at the start of their own project to break into the top 6 really wouldn't be sensible. If they're serious then ask for a stupid fee like £60m, not like they can't afford that. If they won't pay well then sound see you later.

We can't be strengthening a rival, look at the mess Burnley landed themselves in for selling Wood to them. This would be the exact same.

I miss the days of crossing a ball and beating the first man, instead 25 short passes and losing it in the end.

Sell him cheap with a large % of his next sale on the miracle chance that he actually turns into a decent player. 25m and 30% of his next sale, I am sure somebody would take a pop at that. We need the money to revamp our pathetic squad.

Can't sell both him and Richarlison IMO. Replacing both would be difficult, no matter then money involved.
I think they are both gone. DCL has been pulling the shades of Barkley in my estimation. I can't blame Richarlison he has done the business for us but we will be fighting for our lives next season as well.

I think they are both gone. DCL has been pulling the shades of Barkley in my estimation. I can't blame Richarlison he has done the business for us but we will be fighting for our lives next season as well.

I don't think so. He's clearly suffered a bad injury which has affected him as much mentally as it has physically. Not everything has to have hidden meaning under the surface.

I don't doubt his commitment for a second. It's a tough injury to recover from and if we can get him a goal or two before season ends, a summer and proper pre-season will do him good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back