2022/23 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure - but my question was do we know if they are new?

I'd be more relaxed if I knew he'd had them since coming back into the side.

Oh I doubt it. Players can wear them for ages. I don't think he'll ever stop wearing them. I'm more surprised he doesn't use them during matches tbh.

The player below wears similar (blue tape) every game and he did his knee in August 2021. I hope Dom follows suit.

leipzig-germany-21st-july-2022-soccer-test-matches-rb-leipzig-fc-liverpool-at-the-red-bull-arena-leipzigs-player-xaver-schlager-on-the-ball-credit-jan-woitasdpaalamy-live-news-2JJ17GA.jpg

I didn't know exactly what that strapping was for - just looked it up.
This kind of thing i am guessing!?

https://www.runnersworld.com/health-injuries/a23791766/kt-tape/
Loads of top level athletes use KT tape. If you ever watch athletics, they are all covered in it.

I do a lot of sports and have used it at various times when I have niggles. It’s meant to relieve some of the pressure however I believe it’s more psychological than there being that much medical evidence behind it.

If it works, it works though.

Loads of top level athletes use KT tape. If you ever watch athletics, they are all covered in it.

I do a lot of sports and have used it at various times when I have niggles. It’s meant to relieve some of the pressure however I believe it’s more psychological than there being that much medical evidence behind it.

If it works, it works though.
Yeah, I tore my ankle ligaments a few months back, physio said I'm all good but I still wear a support to play in as I don't feel right otherwise

….makes a huge difference, no CBs in this league will look forward to playing against him. There is no doubt about his quality and application, his problem has and will continue to be his leg muscle fragility. I have noticed the bandage strips below his cycling shorts, If he can manage these last 3 games it will be major plus.
To be that big and strong and that explosive is pretty rare. Lots of teams have strong strikers but very few of them have as many physical attributes as dom

His performances in the last two games have been very reminiscent of old school DCL before Ancelotti tried to turn him into a discount Ruud van Nistelrooy. Credit to Dyche for recognising his strengths and also what we need him to actually do in this side, run the channels, make defenders’ lives uncomfortable. Hopefully the days of him standing in a central area and waiting for a tap in that never comes are over.

Status
Not open for further replies.