Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad world we live in when a man criticising another wearing schoolgirl attire is ridiculed.
In that instance I was actually criticising the deductive fallacy that concludes DCL doing a photoshoot is responsible for his injury problems and/or a clear indicator that he was not applying himself as a professional footballer.

A grown adult getting so upset over that photoshoot is quite worthy of ridicule unless of course there are genuine underlying issues with that adult in which case the wokeist (whatever that is) snowflake in me has a measure of sympathy.

Last edited:

This reads as “because I’m a gay man I’d rather you not pass opinion on Calvert-Lewin’s dress sense”. I assume saying he is stunning and brave is fine though? Unfortunately, people are entitled to make their own mind up, no matter how much we would like that not to be the case.

I’m pretty sure it was the social justice warriors who mentioned promoting “communities” which is really amusing they were the ones who offended you 🤣

I like to think for myself, therefore I talk about what I want, how I want. And I don’t see how someones sexual preference is relevant in a debate because everyone is entitled to an opinion. I say that as a man with sexual
preferences.

Btw I wouldn’t read to much into the likes on here, it’s an echo chamber. Shame on people wanting to shut down debate!
Mate I don't any physical attraction to DCL or any other footballer for that matter, when I'm in the lower Gwladys week in week out I only focus on the football. Which I'm over enjoyed Maupay isn't on the pitch anymore cos he can't lace DCL boots.

I understand you dislike him for some reason. I really don't care why. But to constantly push an agenda that frankly is not shared by the majority and speak like fact is stupid.

This reads as “because I’m a gay man I’d rather you not pass opinion on Calvert-Lewin’s dress sense”. I assume saying he is stunning and brave is fine though? Unfortunately, people are entitled to make their own mind up, no matter how much we would like that not to be the case.

I’m pretty sure it was the social justice warriors who mentioned promoting “communities” which is really amusing they were the ones who offended you 🤣

I like to think for myself, therefore I talk about what I want, how I want. And I don’t see how someones sexual preference is relevant in a debate because everyone is entitled to an opinion. I say that as a man with sexual
preferences.

Btw I wouldn’t read to much into the likes on here, it’s an echo chamber. Shame on people wanting to shut down debate!
It's always people who come out with this that are the most impressionable and insecure.

Accusing a fan base who have worshipped players such as Yakubu, Lukaku, Yobo, Richarlison, Earl Barret, Amokachi etc of racism towards one of our own players is nonsense. Yeah there's the odd bigot in every 40,000 people but we're not a racist group of supporters.

View attachment 228946
I remember things a bit different. Earl Barrett used to get hurled with a ton of abuse from the stands.
I was a little young to remember, but my dad says he remembers chanting and very vocal at that, which went along the lines of Everton is all white.
He says the abuse black players used to get was disgusting, including bananas thrown at John Barnes.
Its not hard to find reports of some black players commenting in the 80s we were an horrendous ground to play at. Infact I think I remember reading a piece this very site compiled.
So glad things have changed. But there was a time where we were just as bad if not worse than most other clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back