2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
he’s a top grade player. struggle to think of a better striker in the air than him in the league.

we really need to getting him on the end of crosses, not just pickford’s long balls

some lovely touches and runs today, worked his arse off. deserved a goal
I think he is great in the air at winning headers but believe he is not great at direction. His climb is brilliant but his control of a header is average IMO.
I don't want to seem like I am dissing him but even though he out jumps people he doesn't seem to be able to control a lot of his headers

I think he is great in the air at winning headers but believe he is not great at direction. His climb is brilliant but his control of a header is average IMO.
I don't want to seem like I am dissing him but even though he out jumps people he doesn't seem to be able to control a lot of his headers
I think you underestimate how hard it is as a striker to win headers against centre halfs and direct them somewhere useful.

I think you underestimate how hard it is as a striker to win headers against centre halfs and direct them somewhere useful.
I don't. I think DCL just jumps blind at times. Today he put all his effort into winning a long ball and headed it back deep into our own half but fortunately it was safe in the end. He may as well left it to the Brighton defender.

Yeah, agree with this, especially against players like Dunk. He's also having to work very hard every game, as he's challenging for basically every kick (which is nearly every time we get the ball). Be a miracle if he stays fit given the way he's being flogged

Yeah, agree with this, especially against players like Dunk. He's also having to work very hard every game, as he's challenging for basically every kick (which is nearly every time we get the ball). Be a miracle if he stays fit given the way he's being flogged

It is a concern. He played his heart out yesterday and was basically done by 70th minute mark and I noticed he was glancing in the bench's direction a few times.

Resting him in league cup isn't going to be an option with a very winnable QF tie so he's going to be playing a fair bit in December, just hope his load can be managed properly.

Interesting decision to take him off when team had a corner though!

Think this is the best version of him we've seen tbh. Looks so much more comfortable with the ball at his feet
He is a quality player, no matter what some fans think. He also looks like he’s enjoying himself for the first time since Carlo was here, which is great. Fit and up for it, he makes a massive difference to our chances.

If the coaching staff can bring Dele back from the dead then DCL might actually get the service he deserves.

(Yes, yes, I know, it’s an exceptionally long shot but we’ve got little else to hope for while the ownership/FFP cobblers is hanging over us)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back