2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think those last 10 minutes he was on he looked highly p****d off as it didn't really matter what he won in the air there was no one near him. The quality played into him was absolutely dreadful today and I think he even was sick of it by the end lol
I have a feeling he’ll leave in the summer. Would be the right time for him and I’ve not heard any new contract talk.
Be gutted but hope he gets a good move.

I think those last 10 minutes he was on he looked highly p****d off as it didn't really matter what he won in the air there was no one near him. The quality played into him was absolutely dreadful today and I think he even was sick of it by the end lol

….he usually thrives on that situation where his teammates rely on him to hold it up, go to war with CBs and get free kicks but he looked off the pace today. The substitution was obvious, he can rest now ahead of the United game.

I have a feeling he’ll leave in the summer. Would be the right time for him and I’ve not heard any new contract talk.
Be gutted but hope he gets a good move.
Not so sure that he'll leave. Wouldn't be surprised that the club is talking to his agent...however we have to sell to buy probably for the foreseeable, so he could be the one that goes enabling us to have some money to spend.

Is he not getting the service or is he not getting himself into the right positions? The first two goals were scored from areas he could have been occupying.

Is he not getting the service or is he not getting himself into the right positions? The first two goals were scored from areas he could have been occupying.
I think he drifts too wide at times then people don’t advance enough to cover his position definitely needs to play through the middle more

Reactions: SJB
he still occupies defences though, Beto did a similar job when he came on. Good job we are getting goals from elsewhere

Definitely mate. Still contributing, just today it wasn't happening for him.

I thought Beto was excellent today when he came on, looked a lot more like the player we seen against Sheffield Utd away.

2 week break has come at a great time for Dom, he's had an unreal run of games and got through them all, played far more than any of us could have dreamed of 3 months ago and played his part in our decent form

….he usually thrives on that situation where his teammates rely on him to hold it up, go to war with CBs and get free kicks but he looked off the pace today. The substitution was obvious, he can rest now ahead of the United game.
Still ran himself into the ground yesterday chasing lost causes and keeping their defence on edge allowing our goalscorers to pick up the scraps.

Still ran himself into the ground yesterday chasing lost causes and keeping their defence on edge allowing our goalscorers to pick up the scraps.
We don't want him doing that though, mindless running is the sort of thing that will aggravate his injuries again. We know his best work is when he stays within the confines of the box area, also given the wide players seem to be playing more as wing backs Id like to see more through balls from Onana/Garner going Dom's way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back