Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought DCL had been largely ineffective lately, certainly hasn't troubled the opposition keeper much. Given Beto's showing yesterday we were lucky to get away with a win but I can't see that the result or performance would have been improved by DCL playing.
He offers so much more and is a big part of how we play. Personally I think he would of bagged one if he played yesterday.

What are you on about???

"All he has done" is managed him back to full fitness, which actually drew a lot of frustration and criticism from the fanbase at the time, and then played him, our best striker, when he's been fully fit???

Sounds terrible that yeah...

The season hasn't finished, we're not looking back at the end thinking well he's only missed one or two games. It's a work in progress. If you can't understand what I mean by managing Dom and rotating with the other strikers that is on you.

I thought DCL had been largely ineffective lately, certainly hasn't troubled the opposition keeper much. Given Beto's showing yesterday we were lucky to get away with a win but I can't see that the result or performance would have been improved by DCL playing.

With his injuries id be looking at cashing in now hes been on a run of 'health' :)

Beto as well...

The season hasn't finished, we're not looking back at the end thinking well he's only missed one or two games. It's a work in progress. If you can't understand what I mean by managing Dom and rotating with the other strikers that is on you.
We're not talking about the entirety of the season we're talking about a known period of the recent past in which he's been handled very well by the management team.

Carry on with your mental gymnastics though trying to justify having a pop at the manager.

With his injuries id be looking at cashing in now hes been on a run of 'health' :)

Beto as well...
It'd be interesting to see what the club would do if an offer came in. My only issue with selling him is we haven't got a good recent record of scouting strikers.

It'd be interesting to see what the club would do if an offer came in. My only issue with selling him is we haven't got a good recent record of scouting strikers.

Depends on the money i think. Lets say we sold him and Beto for £60-70mil.

Doubt it would be too hard to find a top notch u23 player on the continent.

Him not playing is part of the management? It sounds like its a very minor niggle and i guess its more about rest so he can play in the much tougher fixtures we have coming up. If hes not back on Thursday i will be suprised.
hopefully as much of a precaution not playing him with a muscle niggle on a very cold night. If he is back for the barcodes or weekend and comes through OK it was a wise decision

You are mad Zat.

We are in real peril this season. Now is not the time to take risks.

End of the season, maybe

If we got £60-70mil for DCL and Beto combined whether Beto in Jan or both end of the season I think the risk level would be low -- as you say i would be wary of selling DCL in Jan.

However, neither are goalscorers at the elite level and with Chermiti as 2nd choice we could have our pick of a wide range of players.

If we got £60-70mil for DCL and Beto combined whether Beto in Jan or both end of the season I think the risk level would be low -- as you say i would be wary of selling DCL in Jan.

However, neither are goalscorers at the elite level and with Chermiti as 2nd choice we could have our pick of a wide range of players.
Hahaha.

We ain't getting 20p for Beto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back