Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do people say he had only one good season because all they think a striker should provide for the team is 20 goals?

Mad init, how many teams have a 20 goal a season striker in this league? Or any of the top leagues?

DCL hasn't scored a single goal from open play under Dyche but you can clearly see that we're a much better side with him in the team.

Mad init, how many teams have a 20 goal a season striker in this league? Or any of the top leagues?

DCL hasn't scored a single goal from open play under Dyche but you can clearly see that we're a much better side with him in the team.
Compare the cost of him & Maupay & the contribution when he plays - but he cannot go on being permanently injured sadly -

I know there's some hate for the player itself which there shouldn't be but I think a lot just hate the situation we are in with him. Takes 3-4 months to recover from a 2 week thigh strain (so said Dyche at the beginning)? Injures his calf and has barely been involved in preseason now regular season? It's just frustrating that they are STILL relying on a player who wasn't prolific at any point in his career other than a 3 month window with Ancelotti. And I say this gladly admitting we look a much better team with him playing as well. At what point do they move on? Because that should have happened over a year ago.

I know there's some hate for the player itself which there shouldn't be but I think a lot just hate the situation we are in with him. Takes 3-4 months to recover from a 2 week thigh strain (so said Dyche at the beginning)? Injures his calf and has barely been involved in preseason now regular season? It's just frustrating that they are STILL relying on a player who wasn't prolific at any point in his career other than a 3 month window with Ancelotti. And I say this gladly admitting we look a much better team with him playing as well. At what point do they move on? Because that should have happened over a year ago.
We have loads of deadwood who you know will contribute absolute nothing & we can't move them on - plus on mega wages ... they are that bad ....

Bored of hoping with this clown. 2 goals per season the last two seasons. 1 better than Maupay, last season no? OK, cool.

So let's just let go of the 'Golden years' of Davies, Holgate, JJK and DCL.

At the very least, make him fight for a place as 3rd striker to Maupay (2nd) and whomever comes hin. Let's see if he actually gives the slightest hoot about Everton and England and sorts his fitness vs making statements in topshop gear.

If he can, respect.

If not, bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back