Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant we just do a like for like for like swop with Utd for Martial (both are usually injured more than not) but at least Martial is a natural instinctive striker.

In fact lets try and have both of them if Martial really wants to leave.

There must be some underlying story here. No way this is a standard injury prone player.
My take is that he was rushed back by Benitez and hurt himself more. Then he was rushed back again my Lampard and further hurt himself.
Now the lads probably terrified of breaking down and overcompensates which means he hurts himself in other ways (I hurt my left foot and ended up straining my right calf recently for example).

I think at this point, he should really be fine because Dyche has been doing the right thing, I think now it’s a mental challenge more than anything because the lads gonna have a little fear and self doubt whenever he walks onto a pitch until he’s got some games under his belt.

My take is that he was rushed back by Benitez and hurt himself more. Then he was rushed back again my Lampard and further hurt himself.
Now the lads probably terrified of breaking down and overcompensates which means he hurts himself in other ways (I hurt my left foot and ended up straining my right calf recently for example).

I think at this point, he should really be fine because Dyche has been doing the right thing, I think now it’s a mental challenge more than anything because the lads gonna have a little fear and self doubt whenever he walks onto a pitch until he’s got some games under his belt.

Id go along with that which is more reason the club should have been targeting this area of the pitch in the past 12 months. End of the day the club still has to function on the pitch.

Id go along with that which is more reason the club should have been targeting this area of the pitch in the past 12 months. End of the day the club still has to function on the pitch.
A bit of competition might do him the world of good.
At the moment he walks back in
If we have another option he has to up his game and it might mentality focus him to get over whatever is wrong, not that I think for a moment that he wants to be out injured.
Might just be the spur that gets him over the line and back onto the pitch.
It's not just his future at stake its the clubs we nearly went down last year waiting for him, we can't do that again.

He's like fine china. We should just wheel him out for special occasions and buy a bread and butter striker for the daily fare.

I think this is spot on. Dyche seems to be playing the long game rather than a short term game. I hope it works out for the both and DCL gets a run in the team!

Simply can't be relied on as the main striker. Far too injury prone.
At least with Chermiti, Harrison, Danjuma and McNeil there maybe enough goals across the front line to compensate.
Still hoping for the signing of an experienced forward before the deadline.

I think the key point is that the style of play used by Dyche, needs a focal point up front.
DCL has a presence and a goal threat that Maupay doesn’t, so a central striker is needed regardless of whether it’s DCL or a similarly competent no.9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back