2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
My "baseless" opinion that he's not a very good striker is backed up by the fact he doesn't score many goals, can't do the basics that should be minimum requirement from a premier league striker.

I think you who thinks he's great when he's clearly not is the baseless opinion.
More like the DCL fan boys are back under the rocks.

no one is hating on him overly so, just saying he's a terrible finisher and needs to do more.

he doesnt feed off scraps either, he's getting big chances every single game. problem is, he needs about 3 sitters every game to score.

Aye, but some on here ie cartoon man generally go ape [Poor language removed] if you say anything negative about him, factual or not.

I'm in the middle with him, I can see what he brings and think he's alrite when he's on his game, but he's never gonna score loads, I just find it bizarre that some people think he's genuinely amazing.

The tupe of striker he is, I think he'd suit playing with someone, let dcl do the hold up work and the other one play off him and behind the defenders.

That isn't beto though so probably won't happen

I can 100% see why folk get frustrated with Dom, particularly when his form is such. But I'm convinced there's several posters, you are an exemplar, just coming in here to post hopelessly inconsistent views to spark a fight.

Is he alright who brings something to the team or is he an utterly immobile plopster who offers nothing?

I can 100% see why folk get frustrated with Dom, particularly when his form is such. But I'm convinced there's several posters, you are an exemplar, just coming in here to post hopelessly inconsistent views to spark a fight.

Is he alright who brings something to the team or is he an utterly immobile plopster who offers nothing?

He's alrite when he's on game, when he's not ( recently ) he might ad well stay at home because he offers zero.

He does frustrate me more than anyone like, and it's purely because certain people make him out to be amazing and I just don't get it.
Yeah, I can see that. I tend to try to view it as the £2m punt who developed into a first teamer and has a huge burden placed upon him.

Namely, being one of two strikers (i include Richy here) since Lukaku who looks remotely like a first team regular striker. Beto hopefully changes that, but I'm not sure he's quite adapted to the English game's intensity yet.

But that's not DCL's fault, he didn't sign utter turd like Rondon, Maupay, Kean, and a decrepit Rooney etc.

Can't we off-load and get someone else in? Yeah been injured yadda yadda but few teams would persist with him and his pretty poor goal return. Always think it's dreadful when your highest scorer isn't your main striker.

I dont rate him or not rate him.

I know that we need experienced players in a period like this.

If we survive the 3rd season running I wouldn't kid myself that we'll be safe for a few seasons.

This is an appalling era to live though...and it will be an era too. So we cant nurture talent and wait for it to come on stream. We need war horses who can get us goals and keep us safe.

Quite obviously that show pony you still hand your support to isn;t going to suddenly get us the goals. So get shut of him and Chermiti and bring in a couple of bustling forwards that other lower table clubs like us always seem to get with any cash raised.
kin hell i’m depressed enough on new year eve

Having a nightmare here mate, at least your fighting his corner tbh, cartoon man has gone quiet as expected
I assume you’re referring to me, it gets tiresome trying to defend him because people like yourself are stuck in your ways and won’t listen to reason regardless

We look a more solid, reliable team with him in but he does need to be putting chances away, I just don’t get the constant need to put him down which has mostly gone on since he first went down injured 3 games into 2021/22

I assume you’re referring to me, it gets tiresome trying to defend him because people like yourself are stuck in your ways and won’t listen to reason regardless

We look a more solid, reliable team with him in but he does need to be putting chances away, I just don’t get the constant need to put him down which has mostly gone on since he first went down injured 3 games into 2021/22
No mate wasn't talking about you tbf.

Yeah, I can see that. I tend to try to view it as the £2m punt who developed into a first teamer and has a huge burden placed upon him.
When you put it like that I feel like he should be cut some slack but I also think he has been with patience due to injuries. Either way he’s now close to being 27 and is a first team starter I want him to be taking more of his chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back